advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a beautiful few hours with the Granddaughters.

The youngest has recently purchased her first record! Went to a record shop with her Mum and with no prompting decided to spend her birthday money on The Beatles.
We have just had a listen and sang along :)
Nice pressing, not a pop or tick , G-Kid loves it. I have a pleasant inner glow, especially when G-Kid said that she had used her Mum’s turntable to play it. Manual, no auto-cue, so even better.
Pleased to say there isn’t a fingerprint on the vinyl, good girl. ;)
Hope it stays that way.

More images

The Beatles – Yellow Submarine Songtrack
Label: Apple Records – 7243 5 21481 1 0, Apple Records – 521 48 11
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Reissue
Released: 13 May 2005
Genre: Rock
Style: Pop Rock

edit: The G-Kids know the film Yellow Submarine very well, and have seen it 10+ times from the age of 6 onwards.

walked round the jewellery quarter in Brum. amazing history and the catacombs in the graveyard are rather good to see . just by the clocktower resides a hifi dealer , so spent most of the day listening to some rather nice speakers and chatting . The speakers were finnish and well they were rather good actually . great soundstage for a little speaker , fast but still smooth . i will leave you to guess what they were

Had a "Sound bath" this morning. Very relaxing.

Went for a swim this evening with the CSG.

Booked Christmas dinner and made arrangements for Boxing Day with seagull jr.

away day with the boss and the other heads of dept. Reasonably productive. Shlt lunch though.

this morning work, more RIBA stage 4 sign-off meetings, this time for the new CyberSec centre and our Empathy lab. Writing a nomination for a student award.

This afternoon on leave. Lunch and dinner in London

sourcing an oven, now resolved i hope. setting up the bandsaw again with a wider blade, first cut in a 2x4 offcut produced an excellent parallel cut, really pleased with this for £150.00. spec says it can cut up to 12cm and a max width of 30cm with the table extension. will apply machine wax to table and think about some projects. i have a few lengths of siberian pine, purchased in the 70's, excellent knot free pine from a slow growth tree. as the yard foreman at the merchants stated, be careful of the odd bullet shell.

Last edited:
Off to the company Christmas do in Bedford tonight. I can live without it really, but I found a pair of chinos I can still get into
I suppose I have to be cheerful, but I’d rather stay in the bear cave and play music.
Ho ho ho

Cornwall is not all pasties and fudge.

fascinating.

I have also had a lot of tea today, after having a lot of beer (for me) last night.
Bacon sandwich, why do you beckon soo insistently? Come to me, let us embrace.

walked round the jewellery quarter in Brum. amazing history and the catacombs in the graveyard are rather good to see . just by the clocktower resides a hifi dealer , so spent most of the day listening to some rather nice speakers and chatting . The speakers were finnish and well they were rather good actually . great soundstage for a little speaker , fast but still smooth . i will leave you to guess what they were

Amphion?

you got it one !!!! impressive little things . we compared to another well known brand i was originally going to buy [ half the price] . while they are good i think the amphion was streets ahead in terms of soundstage and musicality . hoping to try the 3s at home if i can hence the wood to make some stands asap

you got it one !!!! impressive little things . we compared to another well known brand i was originally going to buy [ half the price] . while they are good i think the amphion was streets ahead in terms of soundstage and musicality . hoping to try the 3s at home if i can hence the wood to make some stands asap
Fancy trying a pair, pretty much decided ProAc DB1 are where I’m gonna end up but am trying a few other brands on the way.

well worth trying , you may be surprised . have a look at this video

always good to try other brands . of course the proac is very good too

Grumpy, tired, hot and cold three days after a Moderna jab. I’m attributing the latter three to side-effects. And the first because I now have to go to Walsall for an LFT before I can be allowed into France next week. Nothing against Walsall specifically you understand, it’s just a bit further to travel than I really want.

Grumpy, tired, hot and cold three days after a Moderna jab. I’m attributing the latter three to side-effects. And the first because I now have to go to Walsall for an LFT before I can be allowed into France next week. Nothing against Walsall specifically you understand, it’s just a bit further to travel than I really want.

You sure it’s related? Wifey and I have had the Pfizer which is basically the same tech in all three jabs and have only had a sore arm: and then only to level of having a needle stuck in rather than a localised reaction. A couple of days feeling flu-ish seems quite common with the Astra mind :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back