advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
5:40 am dad falls over after trying to get back in bed after a loo visit, how healthcare, care home staff deal with these things I have nothing but admiration . Now can't rest just listening just in case.

a big worry , great you have a good attitute to care home staff . some blame them for every accident . but accidents happen when folks are rushing to have a pee and forget proper slippers and a stick . are you allowed to visit these days ? or is it still restricted ?

Funeral. I’m always uneasy on these occasions in case God spots the unbeliever in his House and strikes him down. The hearse is a pale grey Land Rover, which is certainly a novelty. ‘Sailing.’ I wonder if Gavin Sutherland gets royalties? He probably doesn’t need any more. Our local vicar is a lovely smiley fellow, but really I’d prefer someone who looks and sounds like John Laurie declaiming ‘All Men Are Like Grass’, preferably while brandishing a huge crucifix. At least no-one can see I’m not joining in the hymns under this mask. Interminable eulogy, including cricketing metaphors. Blimey. At least the hearse was explained. I begin to drift off, and looking round I wonder if I’m the youngest person here, bar family. The word ‘finally’ suddenly brings me back. Home stretch now. Let us pray. Sod that. A quick romp through ‘Lord Of the Dance’ and we are there. The theme to Sports Report strikes up. Quite amusing. What was that presenter chap’s name - James Alexander Gordon, that’s it. Off he goes - a definite pricking behind my eyes, which surprises me. Accidentally blank several people I don’t recognise behind their masks. Back home. Realise there are going to be a few of these in the not-too-distant. Think I’ll have another coffee. I can have a long milky one this time as I know I’m not going to be spending the next ninety minutes without a toilet at hand.

Last edited:
The unfettered joy of an expired certificate on my work smart card... 3 hours and an awkward meeting later all is fixed, but at I least I avoided a drive to the office for a fix. I was asked when I will next be in the office and "sometime in 2022" was not the answer they expected from me.

a big worry , great you have a good attitute to care home staff . some blame them for every accident . but accidents happen when folks are rushing to have a pee and forget proper slippers and a stick . are you allowed to visit these days ? or is it still restricted ?

Sorry never made it clear, his living at home with me since mother his wife died last year, he got up this morning went to toilet then went down like a sack of spuds getting back into bed. Took 15 minutes for me to get him up and back on to the bed. His just this minute been took for X-rays on hip region after I rang doctors for advice on whether we should ring an ambulance.

waiting in the freezing cold queue for my booster appointment......

being told my request for more staff including a deputy had been approved!!!

My sister Clare visited my mother in the home today - mother is 93 and has dementia. Clare showed her a picture of my new grandson sitting on my knee, and mother said 'who's that?'. Clare explained it was her new great grandson. 'No, the other chap'.
Sigh.

I have done nothing today as it's to cold, only out the door 3 times , 1st take out the bird feeder stuff , then 6 hours later bring it back in or it freezes solid, then put the bin out as it's green bin collection tomorrow :)

My sister Clare visited my mother in the home today - mother is 93 and has dementia. Clare showed her a picture of my new grandson sitting on my knee, and mother said 'who's that?'. Clare explained it was her new great grandson. 'No, the other chap'.
Sigh.

gosh thats hard !! :( maybe you lost more hair since she saw you last :D

waiting in the freezing cold queue for my booster appointment......

being told my request for more staff including a deputy had been approved!!!

So you’re stood in a queue, you click your fingers and hey presto, new staff brought in to help out, crikey, you don’t mess about and obviously have a powerful influence.

;)

So you’re stood in a queue, you click your fingers and hey presto, new staff brought in to help out.
Crikey, you don’t mess about and obviously have a powerful influence.

;)

no idea what you are on about....another for the ignore.

Spent hours sorting Singles for the charity shop.

Cleaned a load of 45’s including a load of The Equals from the late Sixties. Looking forward to hearing those.

Just trying to get the motivation to go for a hobble on The Field, the downstairs pain has eased enough to at least try. I feel I will be walking like Gary Cooper after he has dismounted his hoss.

Eldest G-Kid is over later. Not seen her for ages, and I want to hear her stories of who she doesn’t like now at school. Also see how she got on with the last load of music I gave her. Then we might play ‘Uno’ which is great fun, she is very competitive and dances about the room if she wins a game. :)

All the snow has gone. Supposed to be about 9° C. outside, West wind, so not too biting I hope.
I bet the mud isn’t frozen :(

Edit: Back from a walk. That was no fun. The clay heavy soil/mud stuck to my wellies until I was wearing platform wellies. Legs now ache like a beach. At least I did the walk/physio however irritating it was.

Last edited:
Removeing a old badly rusted man hole cover and frame down to the brickwork
I will be fitting the new one tomorrow and cementing it in.
The new one has a plastic frame and a 10 ton rating fully galvanised cover
Travis Perkins wanted £48 , Amazon same thing same part number £24 delivered

I've been listening to my new Minirig 3 Bluetooth speaker while making Cream of Chicken soup, soup should be ready in about 30 minutes.

The Minirig was bought on a Black Friday deal. A few fellow Fishies had recommended their products. I had a couple cheapies, but sound quality and volume left something to be desired. I wasn't looking for a large speaker. The Minirig seems to fill my needs very well, sound is excellent for the size. My only criticism is the use of a non-standard charging plug.

Wrote about 10 Christmas cards, that’s probably as many as I’ve written in my life before as I usually leave it to the missus. Thought I might do a ‘round robin’ of my achievements and all the exciting things I’ve done this year too..(HAR, HAR, not fecking really!!)
In my last job I used to keep all the office cards I got in my desk and put them up next year with the new one(s), was getting some very puzzled looks toward the end of my 10 year stint.

Jabbed. Moderna. Jabbees and volunteers all very cheerful. Possibly the most middle-class vaccination centre imaginable, in a row of converted old cottages and sharing a car park with Waitrose. Packs of Spanish dried sausage on sale in the latter with 66% off. Grabbed five. Delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back