advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
To paraphrase my late mother in law, a scouser, of distant NI protestant extraction. 'It's blowing a hooley here!'. The lights are flickering, as we still rely on three overhead wires across a couple of miles of fields on telegraph pole height posts. We could easily lose power.. it's a pretty common occurrence here in the grim north.

Otherwise, my major achievement today was checking tyre pressures on both mine and Mrs Mull's cars. Bend down, get up, bend down, get up..etc... Used to take minutes. Takes half a bloody day now.. Also checked oil etc. I used to change oil every year, as my mileage is very low these days..well below 5000 p.a. but I've not done it since late 2019. OTOH, I've only done about 2000 miles in that time. Yes..I believe oil deteriorates with time etc..blah.. but I'll risk it until I can be arsed.. or get somebody else to do it.

All this fevered activity is part of the build up to a major event. I'm driving down to Nottm on Sunday for an overnight stay with my brother (Phil-EOS) of this parish, and his wife. A trip to the Bingo is planned. We know how to live...and more importantly how to find an airy indoor space where a pint can be had... :)
Around 100 miles each way and the longest drive I've done since Covid appeared. I might manage a coffee with a couple of other friends before I come back Monday.
This cosmopolitan life is thrilling.:rolleyes:

It was given to me by a warlord acquaintance back in the old days i ... He summoned me to his HQ and told me ‘There is only one suitable way to thank you - by giving you something to really tie your room together. ..’

Dude, 'warlord' is not the preferred nomenclature...

Thunder and lightning now, and a unsettling noise from outside ? I do hope there's nothing happening above me or to the sides we're I can't see :D.

Dogger fisher Cromarty, 9 rising to 12 . Sounds as if there's a jumbo jet idling somewhere outside. Definitely not the conditions to assemble an outside fm aerial.

Right now? Just listening to the row outside. Pretty sure something has come off the house but I can’t see owt just yet.

Same here, front of house, where bedroom is, is taking a right battering, unable to sleep through it.

Not seen it like this before
F1-E15-D5-C-6-C07-45-D9-8-E7-E-4645-F10-D2-B47.jpg

Last edited:
To paraphrase my late mother in law, a scouser, of distant NI protestant extraction. 'It's blowing a hooley here!'. The lights are flickering, as we still rely on three overhead wires across a couple of miles of fields on telegraph pole height posts. We could easily lose power.. it's a pretty common occurrence here in the grim north.

Otherwise, my major achievement today was checking tyre pressures on both mine and Mrs Mull's cars. Bend down, get up, bend down, get up..etc... Used to take minutes. Takes half a bloody day now.. Also checked oil etc. I used to change oil every year, as my mileage is very low these days..well below 5000 p.a. but I've not done it since late 2019. OTOH, I've only done about 2000 miles in that time. Yes..I believe oil deteriorates with time etc..blah.. but I'll risk it until I can be arsed.. or get somebody else to do it.

All this fevered activity is part of the build up to a major event. I'm driving down to Nottm on Sunday for an overnight stay with my brother (Phil-EOS) of this parish, and his wife. A trip to the Bingo is planned. We know how to live...and more importantly how to find an airy indoor space where a pint can be had... :)
Around 100 miles each way and the longest drive I've done since Covid appeared. I might manage a coffee with a couple of other friends before I come back Monday.
This cosmopolitan life is thrilling.:rolleyes:
Mull, I’m convinced you are Ricky Tomlinson using pfm to develop a new character to follow on from Jim Royle.

Half the trellis has come off the wall between us and our neighbour. Fortunately, this time it landed on our side of the wall.

I slept badly, being woken periodically by wheelie bins being blown along the road, and the windows rattling. When I did fall asleep, I had a mini-nightmare about having to clean and tidy up a huge house, pending the arrival of Rupert Murdoch (!).

Reading the posts above, I now remember waking in the middle of the night, hearing some kind of low roaring noise and wondering if it was a plane, wind or tinnitus. Being unable to decide I dropped off to sleep again. This morning the usual suspect patio plant pots are on their side. But more intriguingly the landscape has turned completely white. Time to tog up and go for a stroll before the Big Wind comes back this afternoon.

Woke to a pretty light dusting of snow on The Field and a small group of Partridge grouped together to keep warm.

Looks like a hearty soup day.

I intend to listen to music all day today, no surprise there.

Must remember to put some stuff in the screenwash of the car to stop it freezing. Fairly sure there is some in there.

Up and at ‘em.

Half the trellis has come off the wall between us and our neighbour. Fortunately, this time it landed on our side of the wall.

I slept badly, being woken periodically by wheelie bins being blown along the road, and the windows rattling. When I did fall asleep, I had a mini-nightmare about having to clean and tidy up a huge house, pending the arrival of Rupert Murdoch (!).
“a trellis?” (Voice of Lady Bracknell).

waking up in Brighton again, back home to sunny Hertfordshire soon. Breakfast begins with a couple of bloody Mary's. Bacon (6 rashers), sausages (4), fried egg (4), black pudding 2 slices, tomatoes (3), toast with marmite 4 slices. Pint of punk IPA, 2 double espressos, bowl of fruit, a cheese plate, with some olives and capers.

waking up in Brighton again, back home to sunny Hertfordshire soon. Breakfast begins with a couple of bloody Mary's. Bacon (6 rashers), sausages (4), fried egg (4), black pudding 2 slices, tomatoes (3), toast with marmite 4 slices. Pint of punk IPA, 2 double espressos, bowl of fruit, a cheese plate, with some olives and capers.

P*ssing hell.

Going outside to check the wheelie bin was still intact, Mrs H noticed a black and yellow plastic wallet stuck on our windscreen. It was a penalty notice for the alleged offence of not displaying a valid residents’ parking permit. In fact, such permits are now digital only, and the Council’s own website states that it’s not necessary to display a permit.

This is the second such notice we’ve had. I appealed against the first one about a month ago; had an acknowledgment, but nothing further. I’ve appealed against this one, in slightly less polite terms, so will await a grovelling apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back