advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was spent trying (and succeeding) to source a tyre and getting it fitted.
Today, I will not now be spending time on planning a safari holiday for late Jan:(

Yesterday I popped next door to see The Daughter.
Daughter played her piano a bit (still needs tuning).

Then Daughter revealed that one of her speakers was playing up :(
She is very attached to the speakers, as they were mine and she has been listening to them for decades. IMF ALS 40 II’s by the way.
Daughter put on a record, all we got from the speaker was a tiny sound (not crackle) from the tweeter.
So Daughter got her Man friend to bring the speaker over last night. (No way she or I could move it)

Today I took the bit off the back where the wires connect. Looked fine, all connections solid, whatever the components are (I have no idea) didn’t look leaky, blown or otherwise. Cleaned a bit of dust of the circuit board. Put it back together. Plugged it into my Stereo (I unplugged the other speakers) - sound from all the cones :) Yay! Palpable shock to me as I thought it was broken.
So I called The Daughter and requested that she pop over to mine pronto.
Quick reveal that her beloved slightly tatty looking big Box still lives, using a Beatles mono tune.
Daughter highly pleased. Always a good thing. Man can pick it up later, and hopefully it will still work…

I have been trying for years to get her to pass on the IMF’s as they have seen better days, and she could get a better sound easily, but she will not have it.

Cold out and it has just started raining.
For some unknown reason I have spent the morning listening to The Beatles and The Zombies, and now The Kinks. Best not to question it.

Got to be time for a mug of tea.

edit: ballsache about 6/10 which is an improvement. Sitting still is not much fun.

Yesterday I popped next door to see The Daughter.

For some unknown reason I have spent the morning listening to The Beatles and The Zombies, and now The Kinks. Best not to question it.

Working through bands beginning 'The'?

Did you get to The The yet?

having contacted the housing managers about some antisocial supported living tenants . they decided to retaliate and sing christmas songs loudly all night with the windows open !!!:oops:

needless to say one is kicking up a bit of a fuss about it . happy days

Some old friends dropped by this morning on their way to Devon for the weekend. We've not seen each other for nearly two years so it was good to catch up.

Short nap after lunch then down to the cancer support group. The town mayor was there giving a talk. Interesting bloke.

Had a massage from one of the therapists.

Followed by a quick pint in the nearest freehouse then on to a free wine tasting evening at the arts centre. Tried many wines, one or two quite pleasant but they were the most expensive to buy. Bumped into 'Mary' who was having a good time, she left when we did and headed down to the local brewery shop who were also having a free wine tasting evening.

Now having a meal in another pub before braving the walk home. Local band currently doing a sound check.. " 1 2 2 2 1 2 ".

We are both knackered so we'll head home now. Maybe we will have another stop at one of the other freehouses on the way home.

Lit the woodburner for the first time in about four years. God, that feels good.

51706829021_c05a1fc538.jpg

your rug has advancing wheeled combat machines.

Not to mention AK47s!
It was given to me by a warlord acquaintance back in the old days in return for services rendered. I’m not at liberty to say what they were. He summoned me to his HQ and told me ‘There is only one suitable way to thank you - by giving you something to really tie your room together. Oh, and by not having you killed, obvs. Two ways.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back