advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
went for a nice walk in ashridge, not much sign of life today as we plodded round large meadows instead of in the forest. spent a couple of hours looking for my small space heater as workshop is freezing. i need to make room for a new bandsaw, an aldi special buy, appears to be excellent value for money when fitted with some decent blades,
time will tell. ebay here i come for a new heater/blower.
You mean that table saw? I was tempted by that too. Please report back. I have the older Aldi band saw which is made by Scheppach and it's quite serviceable

Edit: the mentioned table saw is in the Lidl Aisle of Shite, not Aldi. mea culpa

wish i had the space

i had a original small inca one for some 40 years, never used it much and sold it a while back when i lost all interest in wood. need one now to rip up some well seasoned pine for other projects, bad news trying to get this quality milled, in fact most supplies of wood are in short/expensive supply.
i digress, the ferrex 10" bandsaw gets some great reviews, min of space used, only a bench model, got a wheeled trolley, extractor under, which i load machines on and drag on the drive to use, thus avoiding the dust.

You mean that table saw? I was tempted by that too. Please report back. I have the older Aldi band saw which is made by Scheppach and it's quite serviceable

Edit: the mentioned table saw is in the Lidl Aisle of Shite, not Aldi. mea culpa

it is the Ferrex 10" bandsaw from aldi thayt i purchased. i think your older bandsaw is still well regarded and i do not know if any changes have been made to it. UKWORKSHOP has a thread on them with all suggestions for better blades and vids

pillar drill sitting on my mobile bench - i think more bench modifications are in order...... i have a vacuum under the bench.

Coughing and sneezing.
MRI scan on my neck which was problematic (see above)
Finished stripping down my turntable for storage.
:(

I think 9 scars, but 3 of the scars have been opened twice…

:)

maybe that is 12 then.

Do you remember which ones are which?

Whenever I am inspected by a new surgeon they always ask me about the various souvenirs of previous operations.

I am thinking about getting some labels tattooed for mine.

Do you remember which ones are which?

Whenever I am inspected by a new surgeon they always ask me about the various souvenirs of previous operations.

I am thinking about getting some labels tattooed for mine.

Yes I do remember, first one I must have been about 8 yrs. old.

I think at least 2 scars might be opened up again, so it would ruin a tattoo.

arrived in Brighton, quick pint then lunch, then to the beach we might take a walk to the naturist beach to get friendly with nature. Mrs thinks it is too cold, but I'm in shorts and T

Checkin isn't until 1600

arrived in Brighton, quick pint then lunch, then to the beach we might take a walk to the naturist beach to get friendly with nature. Mrs thinks it is too cold, but I'm in shorts and T

Checkin isn't until 1600

how was the nudist i mean naturist beach, many strutting about

my uncle worked the docks and warehouses when I was a child My Mum was born around them in the Isle of Dogs. Just before lockdown (on one of my uncles rare journeys back to the UK), we all went out to revisit some of their old haunts - they both thought it was a much nicer place to be in now. They both hated what it was.

My Dad born in Dalston (as I was), worked and lived there for much of his life until 1982, but the crime, violence and disrepair - drove them to earn enough to get out. They much prefer it today

When I lived in that London a four bedroom house, work needed, in Dalton could be had for 15,000 UKP it would have been just about affordable with tenants but the area at that time no way! round about 1985 IIRC.

When I lived in that London a four bedroom house, work needed, in Dalton could be had for 15,000 UKP it would have been just about affordable with tenants but the area at that time no way! round about 1985 IIRC.

there is no "that" London, and to use the term is deeply upsetting and childish

when my dad bought in about 79 pur 4 bed victorian town house was £13k and when he sold in 82 it was £32k. I have recently discovered with photos, it was split into two two bed flats, one was sold for £1.1m and the other for £900k

Fitting some more of my stripped doors , real pain as they have expanded slightly so need planing down which is more work

Also trying to sort out some troublesome traffic lights . These won't go on red unless cars go right up to them , so then the whole area goes into gridlock and then folks jump the lights on the wrong side of the road . Last week a friend had an accident there, it's a black spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back