advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a 'day off' yesterday (visit to Lakeland Motor Museum), today was Stickle Ghyll. Not that long in distance, but most of it seemed about 45 degrees or more. Got my heart pumping a bit!

51618402003_589a089c26_c.jpg

Easier on the way down, so a bit of time to appreciate the views.

51618176851_6d13d10ece_c.jpg

Brilliant photo/view!

oh my gosh tiggers .... what an incredible project . thanks for those pics ..... hope its booked in to grand design programme !!! it deserves to be

oh my gosh tiggers .... what an incredible project . thanks for those pics ..... hope its booked in to grand design programme !!! it deserves to be

My partner wanted us to put it forward for GD, but to be honest it's not really my in my personality to want to be on TV. Next year the I'm knocking down the 70s bungalow grafted to the side of the Grade 2 listed windmill (yep, I don't get how it happened either) and rebuilding a two storey extension that will match the style and brick of the mill. It's going to have an internal bridge across the double height void and be rather cool looking I hope. Doing 95% of the work myself too. Not my trade, but I'm an enthusiastic amateur :D

Amazing progect that tiggers, you have my admiration.
Having taken on several similar projects (still working on one final last bit) I know what it takes (and how long!)
The list of toys needed on such a project is almost as big as the building requirements.
Very nice, neat and square framing there as well - impressive.
Good luck with the rest.

Just brilliant. I can't quite establish whether the photos are in sequence, but suspect not. I'm only looking on my phone too - is that a lead capping, or resin?

Yep, they're in sequence. Warm roof construction.

Removal of old glass fibre and concrete slab (put there in 1960s when the sails were destroyed by lightning)
Construction of base joists/noggins
Construction of second joists/noggins to form trough
Installation of first OSB deck
Installation of vapour control layer
Installation of insulation (no photo) and second OSB deck
Installation of lead roofing/zinc trough.

Just capping to do (this weekend's job).

That leadwork is superb ..a work of craftsmanship. We have our lead protected by smartwater at the church , might be worth doing that too!!

Driving home from Newcastle after my daughter’s first National Level gym competition yesterday. Second on the floor and fifth overall
was a brilliant result. Fingers crossed she may make it to the British Championships in twelve months or so. Also what a treat an eat all you like Premier Inn breakfast is. Looking forward to the football later, but some teaching to do first and then a piano lesson for the boy.

The Wife is fed up with having a chest infection/cold (3rd week) and is in a poor mood.

She has gone out shopping to Boots pharmacy to buy a ‘tonic.’
(The Wife is the only person I know who uses terms like ‘tonic,’ without any sense of irony.)

The Daughter (Staff Nurse on very busy Respiratory High Dependency Unit) has been sent home from work as she is burning out. G.P. has signed her off for a week, and she has an antidepressant prescription, some ‘as required’ diazepam and counselling (ongoing).
I think she needs a month off. If there was anything more I could do, I would do it. Due to me having a shitty cold, I didn’t hug her for an hour. It is what she wanted, and what I wanted, but we are too sensible. If she got this cold, it would make matters worse.

The piano I got The Daughter is now ready to be tuned, hopefully she will get this sorted soon.
I know that she gets much joy from music.

Huge chunk of lamb for dinner probably for the next 3 days. Excellent, we have decided to have lamb for Christmas dinner this year. Normally we have a 3 rib, Rib of beef.

The Farmer has drilled The Field, don’t know what, but probably Barley again.

edit: The Wife thinks it is winter wheat.

That leadwork is superb ..a work of craftsmanship. We have our lead protected by smartwater at the church , might be worth doing that too!!

Yes, was looking at Smartwater just the other day, thanks for the recommendation as I didn't know much about it until I read about it and wondered if it was viable.

Building, well clipping together a compost bin and putting green stuff in it along with some compost accelerator
Now I have somewhere to also put my compostable food trimmings and coffee grounds :)

The Daughter (Staff Nurse on very busy Respiratory High Dependency Unit) has been sent home from work as she is burning out. G.P. has signed her off for a week, and she has an antidepressant prescription, some ‘as required’ diazepam and counselling (ongoing).
I think she needs a month off.

Sorry to hear that. She's doing such a difficult job - I don't think I'd have the strength to get through it. Hope she's feeling a bit better soon.

yes the nurses are overwhelmed in many areas , a student nurse i know said some were leaving . its always been hard but its very hard at the moment . I do hope your daughter can get some rest and they understand she needs it . instead of penalising her with stage whatever warnings for sickness !! they have a habit of being very bullying in the NHS

assisted by my son to paint the shed and do some gardening

and taking someone to have a covid booster . very professionally run i must say

Yes, was looking at Smartwater just the other day, thanks for the recommendation as I didn't know much about it until I read about it and wondered if it was viable.

yes after some dear souls removed some of our lead :eek:, the insurance company insisted on it . some bright spark the other day came up with an alternative insurance provider . well you might know they wanted a different type of lead protection dna stuff . Hmmmm that idea went out the door fast . I am not climbing up on the roof to paint the lead just to save a few quid !!! [ or even paying a roofer to do it ]

At the very least I would put up Smartwater warning notices, or similar. A friend of mine had her lead flashing stolen, the insurers insisted on a fibreglass replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back