advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been awake for 2 hours coughing up green soup.

Finally gave up, now having tea and a biscuit.

Fixated on Hot Sour Soup, might have to look the thread up and try variations.
I think I read somewhere that green phlegm is now a recognised Covid symptom. Have you tried doing a LFT?

I think I read somewhere that green phlegm is now a recognised Covid symptom. Have you tried doing a LFT?

No need, it is a stinky cold.

It has probably come from the young grandson who we care for once a week. He is always snotty.
My The Wife volunteers at a junior school doing reading classes with individuals who need help, another easy Snot route. Then there are the Granddaughters, who are at Secondary school…

I recognise green phlegm as a sign of an infection - plenty of fluids, paracetamol, food and rest.
I will be orrate in a week ish. Gives me a chance to watch TV, as my head is too grotty for music.

lots of infections cause green phlegm !!! been around for years . 40 years ago my job was walking around opening all the folks sputum pots and describing it ... lovely job :D green phlegm . mucopurulent phlegm , bloodstained , frothy , you name it , every type of phlegm known to man .

lots of infections cause green phlegm !!! been around for years . 40 years ago my job was walking around opening all the folks sputum pots and describing it ... lovely job :D green phlegm . mucopurulent phlegm , bloodstained , frothy , you name it , every type of phlegm known to man .

Sputum Pots…

I apologise in advance, but this anecdote from my Nursing past comes to mind. Look away now!

Way back when I was doing my General Nurse training in the 1980’s, I got to spend a couple of months on an Orthopaedic ward. Broken bones and hip-replacements a go-go. A pleasant mix of young and old patients.

It was a Nightingale Ward, one of the long ones were you can see from one end to the other.
A lot of the old men had chest infections (the ‘old man’s friend o_O) and consequently had sputum pots on their bedside tables… some of the old men were not fully aware of their surroundings.

I can still see ‘Bill’ at the end of the ward, little old white haired man, no more than 8 stone wet through.
The way he lifted up his sputum pot, you would have thought it had a fine cognac in it, he was careful not to spill a drop. And it was full.
By now I had anticipated his next move, and I was making haste in his direction whilst hailing Bill to ‘not do’ what he was definitely going to do.
By the time I had reached the thirsty Gentleman, he had drained the lot, with gusto.
I nearly puked, definitely wretched.
He was oblivious, and still thirsty.

At least it was his business, I have seen far worse. He downed the tea I made him, and I poured him a few glasses of water.
I am unable to think of a Sputum Pot without thinking of the very thirsty old man.

Apologies, but that is real life for you :)

‘ no more than eight stone wet through’ I like that. Actually green sputum tastes better than it looks…. Your own of course…

Went kayaking in the ‘safe’ Helford estuary. Sadly some dildos in a huge non-rigid did some water-skiing with one of those boards that lift out of the water. Great fun but left me having to face three foot wash waves with little interval. Nightmare if you don’t get the boat somewhere near head on in time. Fortunately the board man kept falling off. If he’d been competent I’d have been pushed not to get capsized with all the waves created and the reflections off the relatively narrow watercourse.

Went kayaking in the ‘safe’ Helford estuary. Sadly some dildos in a huge non-rigid did some water-skiing with one of those boards that lift out of the water. Great fun but left me having to face three foot wash waves with little interval. Nightmare if you don’t get the boat somewhere near head on in time. Fortunately the board man kept falling off. If he’d been competent I’d have been pushed not to get capsized with all the waves created and the reflections off the relatively narrow watercourse.

All sounds NIMBY to me.....

My son was at a 'wake' in the Helford yacht club all afternoon, for the lady who served behind the bar there for 30 years. She died of a liver cancer, poor thing. They all toasted her with the Chardonnay she used to make fancy with, and they then all understood why.

My son was at a 'wake' in the Helford yacht club all afternoon, for the lady who served behind the bar there for 30 years. She died of a liver cancer, poor thing. They all toasted her with the Chardonnay she used to make fancy with, and they then all understood why.
Aha! Perhaps the dildos had been there too...

More likely cirrhosis of the liver but not the best disease to raise a toast to…

This is more like a contribution to the 'Last Week I have been mostly....' thread, but I thought I'd share anyway.

The new hat was ideal for sloe picking - you can go into the bush head-first without injury to get the ones at the back.

51602729100_e5b2c27afb_b.jpg

If you are not in a hurry, let them overtake you again then repeat the manoeuvre. You get ten points for every loop completed before they realise what you are doing and move over in order to stop you.

After 3 loops you are allowed to flash them from behind...so to speak.

reading the very interesting brochure the postman dropped through everyones post box , from a private hospital touting for business ...

prices range from 1700 quid for a colonoscopy !!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back