advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out second day on Swytch electric bike conversion. Beautiful but windy day. This is the business for head winds. No longer a battle to cycle against. Did 15K and loved it. I certainly think the electric bike add on will mean I will use it more. (I'm 68 now)

Went for a walk in The Field.
Beautiful day with a nice warm wind.
Saw a dead rat.
Headless.

Took the Yeti to fuel it and give it a wash as it is back from the garage with 4 new glow plugs.

Found some chocolate and almond covered ice cream lollies in Sainsbury’s. Morrisons have run out, and I am addicted to these beauties.
Got some long sleeved T-Shirts for the Daughter/G-Kids. The Daughter fits into age 12-13 yrs. old clothes so Berty Bonus.
Couldn’t find frozen cockles in Sainsbury’s, that will have to be Morrisons another day.

Tea is in fashion here.

Brioche burger buns.

51507980769_cfb0690ab5_z.jpg

And now moving the buttons on a fractionally over-tight waistcoat to extract the final centimetre. Cleverer hands than mine have already coaxed 15mm out of the seams, but just a tiny bit extra would make life more comfy...

51508126024_85c1382e99_z.jpg

Last edited:
Brioche burger buns.

51507980769_cfb0690ab5_z.jpg

And now moving the buttons on a fractionally over-tight waistcoat to extract the final centimetre. Cleverer hands than mine have already forced 15mm out of the seams, but just a tiny bit extra would make life more comfy...

51508126024_85c1382e99_z.jpg

I love it, building another lane on the motorway in the knowledge it’ll be put to good use.

(burgers at the ready) :)

Played my weekly round of golf.
Absolutely useless today.
Still the craic made up for it.

Sat indoors waiting for British Gas to do the annual boiler service. At 5pm, the phone rang. 'Sorry, we can't make it today, can we re-book?' The appointment was made back in August, FFS! The bastards.

Flat-out closing the 'to-do' list across six or seven live projects before 2 and a bit weeks of 'summer leave'.

- In the middle of which - took a great friend of a colleague & mentee out for lunch and a chat, because that's always time well spent;
- tidied the pencils and doodles up just after 3pm after handing-off a couple of things back into the 'def not actually my problem' category. This leaves only some production information to check, and a couple of calls I'll happily tend-to, tomorrow morning - when I'll enjoy it as a washing-of-hands.

So to home, and that right early!
- Small G& T unconscionably-early to decompress, mark the holiday; a novelty.
- enjoyed alongside appreciation of some music a good pal ( @MarkW ) left here after a very-long overdue catch-up yesterday evening.
- slow-food menu for dinner in the process of cooking - nearly there now - after which - wow, how about another five or six hours in front of the ESLs this evening because we can ... oh yes.

I've got planned - friends & family to see; and retreat into walking wild & vacant spaces, enough to occupy me well into October. The pressure gauge is dropping already. I might need a holiday, to get over the holiday.

Sat indoors waiting for British Gas to do the annual boiler service. At 5pm, the phone rang. 'Sorry, we can't make it today, can we re-book?' The appointment was made back in August, FFS! The bastards.
gosh that's horrendous, what's the boiler ?

Had a lovely carpet fitted , blooming hard work to clear the room and house in chaos for weeks now but worth it

Steady day, decent walk before work followed by a generally productive period.

Burned a few more CDs to the Zen & had a listen to Big Thief & Phoebe Bridges with a bit of RP.

In laws round in the evening as son is on a flying visit before going back to Uni. Now flopped in front of the telly with a glass of wine.

gosh that's horrendous, what's the boiler ?

Worcester something-or-other. It replaced a Glo-Worm boiler from the 1970s which was here when we moved in. The boiler had to be relocated from the breakfast room to the utility room because it needed to be against an outside wall.

brilliant , well i would be taking out a worcester service plan. its very cost effective . BG have lost a huge amount of gas engineers and i generally find that manufacturer servicing is far more efficient .

Finished packing close to 3000 books from my father’s library, by genre and alphabetically by author. At 2 pm sharp a Sondereinsatzkommando from the local university library drove up in 2 vans: 5 highly trained operatives stepped out, scooped up the 50 cartons I’d prepared and were gone in 10’. The librarian looked happy and she’s promised to dedicate a section in my father’s name, so I’m pleased the books may be useful to language and literature students.

Now on to tackle the remaining horrors in the attic. Notable finds so far have included my grandfather’s service revolver, presumably a WW1 item - a bit rusty and rough but still seems to work. The place has to be cleared by tonight.

Finished packing close to 3000 books from my father’s library, by genre and alphabetically by author. At 2 pm sharp a Sondereinsatzkommando from the local university library drove up in 2 vans: 5 highly trained operatives stepped out, scooped up the 50 cartons I’d prepared and were gone in 10’. The librarian looked happy and she’s promised to dedicate a section in my father’s name, so I’m pleased the books may be useful to language and literature students.

Now on to tackle the remaining horrors in the attic. Notable finds so far have included my grandfather’s service revolver, presumably a WW1 item - a bit rusty and rough but still seems to work. The place has to be cleared by tonight.

You probably know but in case you don't, speak to a firearms officer the local nick to take it away.

You probably know but in case you don't, speak to a firearms officer the local nick to take it away.
Yes, someone I knew cleared his fathers loft and found similar. That was around 1992, and he took it to the police station. Now, as you say, it is probably better to have them collect it.

A-Z CDs: Tunng - Mother's Daughter and Other Songs

Didn't think much of this when I played it in 2005. Sounds better today. Could be my age and my stereo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back