advertisement

Early start today , a Schneider Helle Weiss , it’s bad for your health watching Everton sober.
I like to watch Newcastle with the delirium tremens. "Physical effects may include shaking, shivering, irregular heart rate, and sweating."

"People may also hallucinate."
Or is Steve Bruce actually our manager?

I'm tired of putting up
With your sober ways
Tired of looking at you
Through an alcoholic haze
You better change
I'm begging you please
'Cause if you don't start drinkin'
I'm gonna leave
I wake up in the morning
I'm under the roof
But I get no sympathy
Baby you're too aloof
You better change
Yes, I'm begging you please
I'm gonna leave
Budweiser, Budweiser, Miller Lite
Take a little nip baby it's alright
All a fellow wants is company
Come on baby have a taste with me
Yeah, you say it's alright baby
You don't care
But as soon as I indulge
I get that icy stare
You better change
I'm begging you please
I'm gonna leave
Don't give me no lectures
'Bout stress and strife
So-ber-i-ety
Just ain't my way of life
You better change
Yes, I'm begging you please
Well if you don't start drinkin'
I'm gonna leave
Yeah, Budweiser, Budweiser, Miller Lite
Take a little nip baby it's alright
All a fellow wants is company
Come on baby have some fun with me
Yeah, you say it's alright baby
You don't care
But as soon as I indulge
I get that icy stare
You better change
Yes I'm begging you please
I'm gonna leave
Well, if you don't start drinkin'
I'm gonna leave
Yes, if you don't start drinkin'
I'm gonna leave

Not going for it today.

I poured a pint of Butty Bach 6 hours ago, and still have a third of it left. I don’t like to drink every day, gets a bit boring.

I will definitely be visiting 1:2 Gin and tonics again though, that really hit the spot yesterday.

Off we go again on the Proper Job. About to select a suitable red to go with the roast pork. To be rounded off with a nightcap. That’ll be it until Friday. Unless we have a disaster during the week which requires alcohol to mitigate, we abstain Monday - Thursday.

Ingredients dude?

standard negroni is equal measures of Campari, Martini Rosso, and a nice orange forward gin, like Thomas Davis. I like to use 35ml measures, but many prefer 25ml. IME a Negroni is the bar tenders choice of cocktail.

Sunday night is also invention night - here we have equal measures of Kummel (caraway liqueur), Campari and Absinth.....you have to like aniseed, and be prepared to lose the ability to speak.

20201122_175809 by uh_simon, on Flickr

standard negroni is equal measures of Campari, Martini Rosso, and a nice orange forward gin, like Thomas Davis. I like to use 35ml measures, but many prefer 25ml. IME a Negroni is the bar tenders choice of cocktail.

Sunday night is also invention night - here we have equal measures of Kummel (caraway liqueur), Campari and Absinth.....you have to like aniseed, and be prepared to lose the ability to speak.

20201122_175809 by uh_simon, on Flickr

I love Kummel, straight.

Wife thinks it is foul, but it is nectar to me.

Will have to get some Campari. I am fairly sure that the last time I tried it, I thought it was disgusting.

I love Kummel, straight.

Wife thinks it is foul, but it is nectar to me.

Will have to get some Campari. I am fairly sure that the last time I tried it, I thought it was disgusting.

Obviously you weren’t truly wafted here from Paradise!

I’ve been listening to Tom Waits, The piano has been drinking. In a tv appearance he was asked if he’d like a bottle.

‘I’d rather have a bottle in fronta me than a frontal lobotomy’ he replied. Great drinking music (some of his repertoire anyway).

Negroni is too heavy on the Campari for me. Half the official amount, now that's better.

Campari soda otoh is great.

This is a terrible thread. Having said I don't mix anymore I've had wine, rum and moving on to beer (Hobgoblin) to finish.

I’ve been listening to Tom Waits, The piano has been drinking. In a tv appearance he was asked if he’d like a bottle.

‘I’d rather have a bottle in fronta me than a frontal lobotomy’ he replied. Great drinking music (some of his repertoire anyway).

advertisement

Back