Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Tipsy

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Big Tabs, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Big Tabs

Big Tabs “telling it like it isn’t...”

Considered effort to lay into the large collection of bottles on the ‘drinks cabinet,’ which is in reality just a table with various bottles of booze on it. Some we haven’t opened yet (as they look dubious) but who knows? Tonight has only just got going.

(years ago we went to Andorra, and filled the car with all sorts of odd bottles that we would never buy normally. In terms of price it was bonkers, as I try to recall I think a litre of Absolut Vodka was about 6 euros.
    When we got home we worked out that the booze would have cost £600 + to buy in the U.K. :)
    (I think it all cost about £50)

Anyhoo, dinner is already cooked, I have coaxed Wife into the music room (“yeah, bring your ipad...”) and I have got a nice glow from the studf I have chucked down my gullet so far.

Glass is empty, so must be time to stand up.

“Cheers” to all fishes, and may I be the first to wish you all a quiet pressing.

Bums up.

2. mega lord

mega lord Centre tapped

Up yer bum.

Just cracked my first can of Shipyard pale.

Bill Withers Lovely Day just came on as I cracked that can :D

Big Tabs likes this.
  3. Bart

Bart pfm Member

I’ve got a cupboard full of all sorts of stuff, whisky, gin, vodka, brandy ..... but only drink beer and wine. I think I had a cocktail party about 30 years ago and got this stuff in for it along with some other garish liquids. Someone will have to get rid of it all one day.

martin clark and Big Tabs like this.
  4. Enfield boy

Enfield boy pfm Member

Slumming it here, just given up mangling my Stratocaster and necked a Stella.

Tarzan and Big Tabs like this.
  5. Big Tabs

I used to drink loads of Stella. Not had any for ? 15 years ?

Gin & tonic with a squeeze o lime at the mo

6. Aethelist

Aethelist pfm Member

Celebrating here. Nothing fancy on the booze front, just the usual supermarket swill - Casiero El Diablo Chardonnay or summat like.

But. We are having a swill because we've just managed to arrange FTTP for the same price we were paying for a measly 12mb down 1.2 mb up connection (if we were lucky)

Now it's 150 down 30 up with a guaranteed 100 down. Yee ****ing Ha!!!

15 years we've lived here. Went from 4 to 12 and now 150!!

Can't tell ya. I is chuffed to bits.

Big Tabs likes this.
  7. myles

myles Intentionally left blank

I'm drinking Sierra Nevada California IPA and listening to Beatles - Love, inexplicably for the first time. Not sure of the way it's mixed, but a few more IPAs will remedy that.

Wilson and Big Tabs like this.
  8. Enfield boy

Enfield boy pfm Member

One more stella then Sauvignon Blanc with a chinese takeaway. Woohoo, partay!

myles and Big Tabs like this.
  9. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Two 1664s as I prepare dinner.
    Waiting for the steak to rest then it’s a bottle of red.
    Evening will finish as usual with JD.

Big Tabs likes this.
  10. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Long story short - I bought a case of mixed (my choice) Cava from Spain and a bottle of Dibon semi seco - £6 -has just been opened - very nice for the price - I am no fan at all of brut fizz.

Big Tabs likes this.
  11. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Just opened my first bottle of Hogs Back Advent Ale.

Seasons Greetings!

Big Tabs and Vinny like this.
  12. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

13. Big Tabs

As long as it is well chilled.

If I open a bottle of fizz that isn’t that nice, a slug of brandy livens it up. Brandy Top ?
    (or Rum) I treat it like lemonade. mmmm cherry brandy with cava on top. glugs.

Mullardman and Vinny like this.
  14. Big Tabs

15. mega lord

mega lord Centre tapped

Cherry brandy. Mmmmmmmmmmm

Big Tabs likes this.
  16. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

^^^^^LLLLOL

First glass needed ice :)

I will not open the one bottle of vintage that I bought, until the other half is keen on opening it - blanc de noir (garnacha) 2014 - £17!!!!! Champagne.............. only if someone else is buying.

Big Tabs likes this.
  17. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

End of week, not a fun one.

A glass of a decent Malbec quite soon enough, once dinner is ready ...3, 2...1 :)

18. Big Tabs

Wife sez that the first bottle of fizz should be expensive, after that, that value fizz that yer Mum got you 3 years ago.

Enfield boy and lordsummit like this.
  19. Big Tabs

yup

De Kuyper. cherry brandy liqueur. Wife hates it, so All the better.

mega lord likes this.
  20. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Nah, the first one should be a GOOD one :)

narabdela likes this.