advertisement

Time for a motorbike list

I keep trying to convince myself that I am done with bike's
BUT i'm not convinced o_O
Much the same here, but then I listen to the Heath Robinson clicks, clangs, moans and groans everything I bend down and re convince myself.

Still dream of my last bike though

22161355455_10aa1c169b_n.jpg

Late to this thread but here goes

1974 Norton Commando Mk2A 850 Interstate (the best commando made, at the time)

1975 Norton Commando Mk2A 850 Roadster

1976 BSA B50SS Gold Star 500cc single cylinder unit construction so not a real goldie but buckets of fun.

had a short break from bikes for a few years then had:

1992 Triumph Trident 900 early 100bhp Hinckley model

1998 Triumph T509 Speed Triple loads of ag until triumph admitted the frame was buggered in the head stock, once fixed my then wife couldn’t get me off it.

speed triple went, kept the trident and purchased a new car.

Part exed the Trident for

2007 Triumph Tiger 1050, part exed this for

2012 Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE which I still ride to date.

Watching the Moto GP yesterday my little boy was asking if I had any motorbikes ever, so I had a think about it and came up with quite a list.
So, what have you guys had and how did they work out?

My list:

Yamaha RD125
Honda CJ 125
Suzuki GS650G Katana
Kawasaki Z1 900
Honda XL 250
Suzuki PE 175
Suzuki TS250
Suzuki GSXR750 MkII 1986 (Like the very first one but with slightly longer swingarm, in Skol Bandit colours) [bought new]
Suzuki GSXR750 Slingshot 1988 [bought new]
Suzuki GSXR750 WN
Harley Davison XL 1200 sportster [bought new]
Suzuki GSXR750 mkII again, cos I liked it best of all
Honda VFR400

I’m sure I’ve missed a couple which I’ll probably remember later.

How did you find the VFR400? That's an itch I'd like to scratch.

C something from 1936, Single 250 hardtail, bought for 4 quid, sold for 5. Cafe Racer C15, Bought for 40, no idea what befell it. 650 Super Rock twin (chopper). taken apart and given away.
Hindsight is a great thing!

Idly dreaming about hiring a Harley for a month to do eastern USA. BLIMEY but modern harleys are ugly.
It doesn't matter really but O M G
what happened?

Well ok, someone accidently crossed a blind buffalo with some bent chrome, but?????

Nice machine Al :) Another triple too..

On the screen btw, not sure if you've come across it before, but they're relatively easy to trim. My brother has a PC800 which came with a screen that left his head squarely in the middle of the turbulent part of the airflow. 15 mins marking and masking with tape, and a Dremel with a small cutting disk had it off and sorted. (Two cuts actually - one to bring it roughly to size, and the second using the top edge of the cut piece as a template to reproduce the original curve and line across the top of the remaining section to restore the original factory curves.)

You may not be too far off the mark. The rather handy cycleergo.com website suggests a 6' rider on a K75RT looks like this:

1zIpBsol.png

Admittedly that looks like a much smaller screen, but a tall rider does seem to stretch a long way up from the top of the tank :)

advertisement

Back