Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Tim Hunkin is back

Discussion in 'off topic' started by MJS, Mar 7, 2021.

1. MJS

MJS Technical Tinkerer

For those of you like me who adored The Secret Life of Machines, Tim Hunkin is back with a series of YouTube videos dedicated to all the artists and makers out there - The Secret Life of Components.

First one up, chains:

2. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

By hell the times have marched on!!

3. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

I love his stuff. I remember some years ago he and his pal made a fax machine using their 2 metalworking lathes, a solenoid and a phone line. It worked. As did their audio recording device using sellotape and rust.

4. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Sadly Rex Garrod died a year or so back, a great collaborator and foil for Hunkin with his marvellous Zuffolk accent. Hunkin is now 71.

5. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

Fantastic, loved The Secret Life Of Machines as a kid, I've had a fascination with how things work and the processes involved in making the components since I was a young child. I’ll enjoy these videos!

PS, anyone ever made a chain driven turntable?

6. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Rudiments of wisdom was always a great read.

7. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

Secret life of machines is on YouTube I have watched all the series recently.

Pete

8. MJS

MJS Technical Tinkerer

Time to re-watch The Secret Life of Machines - they've all been remastered and released on YouTube today.