advertisement

Tigran Hamasyan

Tony L

Administrator
Any fans? I’ve only recently discovered his work. Very interesting hard to classify cross-genre stuff. I’m still finding my way around.

This instruction manual to one of his tracks by drummer Yogav Gabay (his YouTube channel is superb) was my introduction and I’ve grabbed a couple of CDs to get a better idea. First to arrive is Shadow Theatre and I’m enjoying it so far. I’m not even remotely bright enough to have even a clue what he’s doing much of the time, but I like it! It is a shame his ECM output seems very expensive as I’d like to try some of that. I also grabbed For Gyumri as it is real cheap (it’s just a mini-album). Lots of his stuff on YouTube.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I have listened to him live in concert in London and Germany and both performances were phenomenal. Very talented indeed

He came to the Carnegie Hall in Dunfermline a few years ago. Despite the name it is a small hall and the audience was small as well. He set up a lot of 'tape loops' on the piano and sang over them. The audience was not at all impressed, some walking out. We did not get an encore and I wondered what it was all about. I hope that the rest of the tour went better. A talented bloke and and Gurdjieff fan. I have his first CD somewhere filed under misc.

advertisement

Back