Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[IC] Tiger Paw Javelin Tonearm

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by paulski, Apr 23, 2021.

1. paulski

paulski pfm Member

I'm considering letting this go since we are about to move house and the chance to use a turntable will likely not happen again for many months if at all. If you don't know the Javelin is a modern take on the Aro, some felt (myself included) that it possesses the best qualities of the Aro and combines those with the things that an Ekos SE does so well. Sadly very few were made before Tiger Paw ceased to trade so they almost never come up for sale. It's boxed in it's original wooden case with all parts and armlead and is in super condition with only minor rub marks where the arm rests on the support when not in use. I have no real idea how to price it so I'm interested to see if there's any interest in the first instance.

I'll put up some pictures in due course - the Tiger Paw website is still live.

2. Nye Samuel

Nye Samuel Cymru am byth

It was £1800 new! I would love this but it will be out of my pocket range...GLWS.

3. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Rarity value alone would put it significantly above an ARO at 1500, which was what TigerPaw figured in the first place, I am sure.

4. paulski

paulski pfm Member

Ok, so the price is £1,800. If the adage ‘something’s only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it’ proves that to be excessive then so be it.

5. Nye Samuel

Nye Samuel Cymru am byth

It is a beautiful tonearm...but a niche item...so wait for the next £1 eBay weekend and if it is not sold...put it on eBay...someone in Europe, USA or Japan might snap it up.

6. Nero

Nero Call me 'Goose'

If it’s mint with all accessories and box I’ll take it. PM incoming

joe9407 likes this.
  7. joe9407

joe9407 actress/activist

Nero, thank you for taking away this unholy temptation!

Nero, Mr Underhill and Mynamemynaim like this.
  8. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

Beautiful arm that (IMO) surpassed the ARO at a fair price
    The ARO has got silly in price these days ...I thought it was Christmas when I got £1200 for mine a while ago...now you will pay so much more....and they are getting fragile now...the plugs and wiring are failing.and are unobtainable.. And Jonny 7 doesn't want to work on them

The tiger paw is set to become a collector piece soon...mark my words!!

9. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Complete, an ARO has been 1500 for a number of years - that is what I bought and sold mine for something like 3 years apart. I have not looked or noticed, but suspect that that is still the going rate?

Rewiring any unipivot could not be simpler, or all the ones that I have seen anyway. As for an ARO set of connectors - for completeness/authenticity yes, but if they die, just fit extended tonearm internal cables and run to either a (Cardas, for instance) connector block, or RCAs.

10. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

And watch the resale value fall through the floor....

Anyway... getting off topic

GLWTS to the OP

11. paulski

paulski pfm Member