advertisement

TIDAL Offer - £1.99 for 4 Months of Hi-Fi

Amber Audio

This is the Day
Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I was going to ask what the differences are between the Spotify and Tidal premiums services but found one view here.

Seems to boil down to: Spotify has better music discovery. Tidal has better sound quality even though both services stream at 320kbps.

Tidal also streams at lossless cd and hi-res, although not everything is available in those formats.

I started a similar heads-up thread in the Music forum, did a search first as I expected someone may have already done it but didn’t think to look in audio. Not a copycat bearer of good news, honest:)

That’s a big deal for the industry, and the parliamentary committee looking into it is welcome (in fact I raised it with my MP recently).

But for the time being, we are where we are. And Tidal pays higher rates than Spotify (I don’t know about Qobuz). So personally I like to see take up of Tidal vs other services, especially Spotify.

The artists should bring that up with their record companies, not the consumers.

That, on the other hand, is unfair. Artists aren’t the ones with the power, and in the vast majority of cases have to more or less take what they can get from labels. Just because some big artists have more clout doesn’t change the reality for the majority.

Can you stack these offers?
I doubt it. But if I sign up for the four-month one now on a different email address it will last until the end of March, even if I don’t use it until my current one runs out in mid-Jan. That’s still ten weeks for only £1.99.

advertisement

Back