advertisement

Tidal help

Jimbobbyron

pfm Member
I am trying tidal Hifi at present but I am not sure if i have it set correctly....
My MacBook is connected to the router with Ethernet cable I am using a usb cable to connect the MacBook to my Hegel H360. When using the settings on tidal to output to my Hegel it is not visible and the options show internal speakers or output to speaker. I can listen with the output to speaker option through my Hegel but I don't know if this is the best way of doing so (is it using the Hegels dac or is it the MacBook?)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
James

Hi

have you set ‘USB’ as the the sound output route on your MacBook?

Go into the ‘sound’ system preference and choose ‘USB’ as the sound output.

Also go to ‘applications’ folder then the ‘Utilities’ folder and find the ‘Audio MIDI’ application. You need to set USB as a preference there.

Now USB should appear in Tidal as an output option.

If you’ve done those things already, then i’m not sure, but there are plenty of knowledgable folk here who will help.

Kevin

The H360 should work fine with TIDAL and a MacBook without any additional driver software. I'm just on my way out the door, but give me a call tomorrow and I'll be happy to help.

Hi

have you set ‘USB’ as the the sound output route on your MacBook?

Go into the ‘sound’ system preference and choose ‘USB’ as the sound output.

Also go to ‘applications’ folder then the ‘Utilities’ folder and find the ‘Audio MIDI’ application. You need to set USB as a preference there.

Now USB should appear in Tidal as an output option.

If you’ve done those things already, then i’m not sure, but there are plenty of knowledgable folk here who will help.

Kevin
Thanks. But it still is not showing.

What can you see if you open:

Applications > Utilities > Audio Midi Setup

Looks like your Macbook is not detecting the DAC on the other side.

Go to the 'Apple' menu and select 'About this Mac' and then the button that says 'more info.' On the left you will see 'hardware' and at the bottom of this section is 'USB.' Highlight USB and you should see if your device is connected. If it isn't listed, unplug it and try another USB port / cable etc. Do you see your 'Hegel' listed under the USB devices?

Do you have another USB cable you can try or a windows laptop?

What was the issue, good to have it here as a reference if anyone else has the same problem?
For some reason the H360 appears as a speaker as opposed to H360 on the Tidal app. Lee from strictly audio (very nice guy and knowledgeable)suggested that the firmware may need updating so it appears as Hegel H360 on tidal and on the MacBook.Which I will do so later on.
The USB switch at the back was on setting A but needed to be on B. Thanks for mentioning that as it sounds much better. The weird thing is when I checked what hardware was connected to the usb (as you suggested) it appears as Hegel dac. But it is working and seems ok.
Definitely prefer my turntable and cd transport though.
By the way I am envious of your Audionote set-up I imagine it is fantastic. I listened to the set-up they had at the Bristol show it really was special.
Thanks again for your help

advertisement

Back