advertisement

Tidal family plan offer - anyone had this lately

Hi,

Had an email this morning from Tidal offering their family plan.

6 users and the cost £14.99 per month.

I use both Tidal single user and on Qobuz the family plan.

The Qobuz family plan costs £19.99 for 5 users, but offers Hi Res in the plan.

Tidal also states that the cost will differ from my current plan which is £9.99 for a single user per month, I cannot see what the difference is except the extra £5.00 a month, anyone got the answer to what is different except for the cost.

This is what it states...

HiFi (Family)
£14.99 per month

Great value for you plus 5 family members.

Changing your plan to Family will reduce the number of days in your current billing cycle based on the increase in price.

Also Tidal must have the worst website around, if I log in using my normal way I cannot get to the offer page unless I log in through the email link.

Cheers

John

My guess is that if you already have a single user "HiFi" account the only difference is the number of users (and the higher price of course), but if you have HiFi Plus you won't get "Master Quality audio, Dolby Atmos, Sony 360 Reality Audio". HiFi seems to be capped at 1411 kbps, HiFi Plus at 9216 kbps.

I have a tidal (hifi) family plan. Its great value now at £14.99. Everyone in the house uses it.
With no meanness intended, what are you struggling to understand?

Hi,

No worries about what you said, what I am struggling to understand is what they mean when they say...

Changing your plan to Family will reduce the number of days in your current billing cycle based on the increase in price.

I thought my original post explained what I do not understand as all I can see is the same billing period, which would be monthly, and £5 extra, so why say what is in bold statement above, what exactly does that statement mean?

As I already have the Qobuz family plan I may or may not take Tidals offer up.

Cheers

John

What that means to me is that they are going to pro rata what's left on your current billing cycle which, as the new plan is more expensive, will mean that your next monthly charge will be earlier than normal but will then be monthly thereafter.
For example if, for the sake of convenience, you are halfway through a cycle you have £5 left but by moving on to the family plan (at £15 a month) that £5 is going to be used up in less days and as a consequence your next new monthly instalment will be earlier than usual and will become your new monthly payment date on an ongoing basis.
I probably haven't explained that very well but I'm sure you get the gist.

How does one actually get to this offer or even family plan, I log in, click the family plan and it takes me straight to a 30 day trial of single user, logs me in under my account and nothing happens.

How does one actually get to this offer or even family plan, I log in, click the family plan and it takes me straight to a 30 day trial of single user, logs me in under my account and nothing happens.
Are you the subject of international sanctions Gary?

I think this came about when they introduced the middle, non-MQA subscription layer. The family plan is still more expensive than the single login but cheaper than the top, MQA level.

I'm pretty sure I communicated with Tidal to convert from the a single-user to a family account - I couldn't spot how to do it through the web interface. It all worked smoothly!

Hi,

As I say Tidal's web site is crap.

I could not find the offer page going into their web site, the only way I could get to the page was to click the email link they sent me, that took me directly to the page, if I then moved away from that page I could then never get back to it, the only way was to get the email offer and click the link.

You could always email them, their search system could not even find the offer.

Better with Qobuz..........

Cheers

John

Maybe they are only targeting those with current single user subscriptions - just a thought?
I quite often as a single Qobuz subscriber get emails offering me a 'Duo' subscription - it looks too good to be true price-wise until you realise that the price is linked to forking out for a 12 month period in one hit.

The £14.99 price is the standard price for the family plan on the Hifi tier, and as such is available to anyone (in the UK). It's not a special offer.

advertisement

Back