advertisement

Thread size for Meridian M3 stand spikes?

foxwelljsly

Me too, I ate one sour too.
My meridian M3 stands require spikes.

Anyone know what the thread size is? No mention in the manual.

They look like an M4 or M5, but I have no bolts smaller than M8 to offer up to test.

cheers

Aren't the M sizes the same in mm? Isn't that the point? I.e. M4 is 4mm, M5 5mm etc? Do you have a ruler to hand? If so measure the hole!

Aren't the M sizes the same in mm? Isn't that the point? I.e. M4 is 4mm, M5 5mm etc? Do you have a ruler to hand? If so measure the hole!
Yes, correct. It's the major diameter of the bolt in mm. It's a bit difficult to measure the hole, but it can be done.

It’s possibly 1/4 inch, (6.35 mm or thereabouts), in case you find it falls between the M6 and M7.

If it is, it’ll probably be 1/4 inch with 20 threads to the inch, which is a fairly common sizing ( I think camera tripods are that size).

Unlikely to be 1/4 in. Many years since non-metric threads have used on any new products in the UK.

Pop down to any local hardware store or Halfords and buy a small pack of M6 bolts and try one in the hole.

Unlikely to be 1/4 in. Many years since non-metric threads have used on any new products in the UK.

Pop down to any local hardware store or Halfords and buy a small pack of M6 bolts and try one in the hole.

Agreed it’s unlikely. That’s why I said possibly. It’s probably M8.

If your stand is the metal square tube one, with base like a T and three spikes, then mine had M6 spikes

advertisement

Back