advertisement

Thread Size for Linn Kan Stand Spikes

stackowax

pfm Member
Anyone happen to know what the thread size is for the upward facing spikes on the Linn Kan stands (I think they are Kan 2 stands but I'm not not positive). I'd like to replace the spikes with flat socket head cap screw (or something similar) so the top surface of the stand is flat. Heresy I know. The spikes in question are the ones shown in the photo (shamelessly lifted from Craig B's post elsewhere on this site).
31803409057_79044dcf6e_b.jpg

I don’t know what they are myself, but wish I could find a pair of the Kan2 stands, am in the US, they just don’t show up very often. Sure someone in the know on your thread size will chime in soon!

In case anyone cares, the thread size is M6. I got 14mm length, which turned out to be just a bit short (it's all they had at the store I went to). They work but the screw head sit below the top plate by a small amount. I suppose if you wanted them to sit flush, you would probably want 16mm.

TimF--you're right that Kan 2 stands are tough to find. I got my pair by sending emails to several Linn dealers around the country telling them I'd be interested in getting a pair if they ever had ones for sale.

stack- I have put out some feelers as well, and keep have notice on Audioshark, maybe a decent pair will show at some point. I foolishly sold a set a couple of years ago, trying to minimize extra stuff. Dumb on my part there!

Originally the stands came with both spikes and counter sunk head Allen bolts, so not necessarily ‘heresy’ ;)

I sold a pair about 10 years ago for £40!

advertisement

Back