Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Thou shalt not make repetitive generic music

Discussion in 'music' started by markfin, Apr 13, 2008.

1. markfin

markfin pfm Member

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I've seen it on 120 Minutes a few times, it's an excellent track.

Tony.

3. Anex

Anex Señor Member

Ace :)

4. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

Excellent stuff - "Nirvana - just a band"...

5. Anex

Anex Señor Member

It doesn't seem to be very available, I'd have bought a 12 if they'd actually made one, apparently 7" ltd edition only.

6. The Captain

The Captain ~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone got the 2007 album 'Final ..'summat? I wonder if there's enough music, as it were, to make it properly listenable as an lp. Its defo great in bursts of a song.. maybe my pov is entirely old-fashioned now.

7. scott.mcavoy

scott.mcavoy Member

8. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

They were on at KoKo on tuesday night - would've gone, but I had a date with Bjork at Hammersmith Odeon...

9. Borellus

Borellus pfm Member

I hope this thread is ironic, this is pap of the highest order:confused:

10. The Captain

The Captain ~~~~~~~~~~

noy so threadcrapper, its better than any of your Eagles lps.

11. Borellus

Borellus pfm Member

Having and expressing a different opinion on the merits or de-merits of a particular piece of music particularly when it contradicts your own is not "threadcrapping" my friend, it's called freedom of expression/free speech;)

Not quite sure what the reference to the Eagles is all about as I neither posses any Eagles LP's, or indeed have ever listened to any:confused:. I trust your problem is with the music not with the LP format in general......

12. Anex

Anex Señor Member

I think you'll find the way you did it is considered a thread crap.
    Perhaps you could enlighten us as to why we're all wrong and it is in fact 'pap of the highest order'?

13. Kit Taylor

Kit Taylor Well-Known Member

I like the "Some people are just nice" line and the way the it breaks the flow up a little. And a jewish-looking rapper always earns you cool points.

14. I like it although why you would want to call yourself either Scroobius or Dan le Sac is odd...also the singer looks like the lovechild of E and Cat Stevens.

Paul

15. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead

I've had a crap download of this on my phone for quite a wihle. Jo Whiley played it a few MOnths ago. Got a few other tracks too and a remix of this.

They're been touring quite a bit and will be at several festivals I belive.

Also seen a few stickers over the last few MOnths around Cardiff saying "Just A Band".... which I assume is something to do with it.

16. ErikL

ErikL pfm Member

Excellent (the song and the video).