advertisement

Thorens replacement feet

I just hooked up my Thorens 520, a second turntable, for the first time in at least 5 years. It's good to re-familiarize myself with it. One thing I noticed, the bottom plate is cheap chipboard, and the footers are just four pieces of cheap, circular felt. Any recommendations for replacement feet for a Thorens table? Usually a Linnie, I accept the idea that fancy footers with sorbathane etc. might do more harm than good, but I wouldn't object to spending a few shekels on a good set of replacement feet if there's a consensus. Thanks.

Any felt or rubber pads will do. What it’s sitting on is more important really. I once tried sorbothane when it was the thing to try, but I returned them instantly.

I just hooked up my Thorens 520, a second turntable, for the first time in at least 5 years. It's good to re-familiarize myself with it. One thing I noticed, the bottom plate is cheap chipboard, and the footers are just four pieces of cheap, circular felt. Any recommendations for replacement feet for a Thorens table? Usually a Linnie, I accept the idea that fancy footers with sorbathane etc. might do more harm than good, but I wouldn't object to spending a few shekels on a good set of replacement feet if there's a consensus. Thanks.

Ah use Vibrapod isolators and cones…http://vibrapod.com/vibrapod.html

IMG-1146.jpg

Ah use a small side table ( eBay £7.99 ) for both my turntables …one turntable has springs like a Thorens - in fact , it has Thorens springs on it..As Vibrapod advise, I put 4 isolator pucks plus four cones in a sandwich between the table and a solid oak plinth. Everything is perfectly level. The turntable sits on the plinth. The small pucks between the turntable and the plinth are Pro-ject anti-vibration rubber disks. Ah prefer these disks to screw-in or glued rubber feet

Ah have two, very different turntables. One is spring suspension, the other direct drive. Ah find that these isolators are the best ( for my system ) Silent and stable. :cool:

ps the pods come in 5 or 6 different densities, depending on the weight of your component.

advertisement

Back