advertisement

Thorens 124 Bits

DAVEDWACK

pfm Member
Hi Everyone,

Can any one point me in the right direction?

I wish to buy a replacement armboard in order to fit an Ittok to my Thorens 124, preferably already pre-cut although not essential. I don't have the necesary Ittok template but I dare say I could get one if required.

Also, some years ago I had a slate plinth made for it but never did have a perspex cover and would now like to have one made to complete the job so to speak. I dare say there are people out there who do this sort of thing.

Any help would be most appreciated....thanks.

Cheers,

Dave

Here in the US, you might check ebay seller: sq38s
I bought 2 armboards for my Thorens 124 from him about 2 years ago. I don't know if he still does that sort of work or not. His work was first class. He also made some nice looking plinths for Garrards and Thorens vintage TT's.
Good luck.
Jerry

Have you tried Technical and General? They're in London somewhere IIRC. I've spoken to them about Goldring Lenco bits, styli for 78's etc., and they seem very helpful and knowledgeable.
They're advertised in the back of the mags.

Hi there,

Do you know what?...I remembered them from years ago and couldn't remember their full name, also I've been looking through HiFi World without success, also googled it without any luck.

I just assumed they'd gone under, but you are quite correct they used to sell loads of different spares etc. for garrard/goldring/thorens and the like.

Are you sure they still trade?

Nevertheless thanks alot...when i get a mo i'll have another bash at finding them.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the information...I've now purchased a piece of Oak flooring for a friend of mine to make me a new armboard.

I may still be interested though. I wonder if the seller would ship to the uk...i'll perhaps send him a message.

Regards

Dave

advertisement

Back