advertisement

this week i have been mainly listening to....

Bob McC

Living the life of Riley
Tuesday night, Manchester, night and day cafe to hear Martha Wainwright who I thought was bloody awful. She hasn't got daddy's way with words apart from her song 'Bloody Mother ****ing Asshole' dedicated to daddy. Most of the set was a caterwauling and screeching mess. However the night was saved by her brilliant support - Johnathan Rice, Scottish singer songwriter out of LA. Pithy songs with melody and some good guitar too. Martha could learn a thing or two.

Thursday night, just back from Andrea Bocelli in Manchester. A spiritual evening. supported by the Czech Philharmonic and a big bird in a red dress he did two sets of sublime quality. Shame the venue was only three quarters full though.

Bob

how did it sound there?

I've been to a few shows there, some sounded fine, others awful. It would be interesting to know as it would be more important with someone like andrea bocelli than blur to have clear, anechoic sound.

Alex
I was up in the gods so apart from oxygen starvation it was cool. The music was perfect. For the first time at the Arena I didn't need my ear plugs (true!). Orchestar and vocalists balanced pefectly and superb clarity. Excellent for such a large venue.

Bob

advertisement

Back