advertisement

This is great

If it's more of the same you're after, you can't go wrong with this belter.

LTE3ODIuanBlZw.jpeg

Can anyone add great or almost great album recommendations here please?

Every album that I post in ‘What are you listening right now?’ thread I generally believe to be great.
Or ‘almost great.’

Every album that I post in ‘What are you listening right now?’ thread I generally believe to be great.
Or ‘almost great.’
Technically speaking it is not the "what are you listening to right now and like enough to share with other forum members so that they can expand their musical enlightenment" thread.

There's also something about the original album posted here that deserves its own thread.

I think the cosmonaught might be doing an experiment there- he's testing the thickness of custard skin. I think the skin wouldn't actually be thinner up there at all, but the custard-cosmonaught thinks it would be thicker in space.

Technically speaking it is not the "what are you listening to right now and like enough to share with other forum members so that they can expand their musical enlightenment" thread.

There's also something about the original album posted here that deserves its own thread.

I don’t use spotify and do not like links that need work to view such things. It would be a lot easier if there was a clue as to what the link is to, without having to access it.
Therefore, this thread ain’t for me.

Well, you say that... I must say that I was relatively unconvinced by its greatness.

This was on my Spotify 'Discover' list this week. Another bloke with a keyboard, but this does sound great.

I'd had a couple of quite strong g and ts and at the time, it really was great :)

Well, you say that... I must say that I was relatively unconvinced by its greatness.

This was on my Spotify 'Discover' list this week. Another bloke with a keyboard, but this does sound great.

Spotify 'discover' lists throw up some gems don't they?

So apparently the original album 'Country Moog - Nashville Gold' linked here:
was recorded in 1972 by Professor Gil Trythall, who 'wanted to show what the Moog synthesiser was capable of'.

His cover of 'Folsom Prison Blues' is great, in my opinion. The other songs are a bit hit and miss and you might go bonkers if you listen to the whole thing from start to finish. Which goes some way to explaining my equivocal, slightly squiffy recommendation at the outset.

I think the cosmonaught might be doing an experiment there- he's testing the thickness of custard skin. I think the skin wouldn't actually be thinner up there at all, but the custard-cosmonaught thinks it would be thicker in space.
I'm not sure about thicker but it should be lighter. So those who prefer a lighter custard (and have the funds to do so) might want to think about going into space to eat their dessert. Similarly for soufflés, sponges etc.

I can't think of any starters or mains that would benefit as much from being eaten in space, so maybe they could eat them on the way up, whilst enjoying an in flight movie.

So apparently the original album 'Country Moog - Nashville Gold' linked here:
was recorded in 1972 by Professor Gil Trythall, who 'wanted to show what the Moog synthesiser was capable of'.

His cover of 'Folsom Prison Blues' is great, in my opinion. The other songs are a bit hit and miss and you might go bonkers if you listen to the whole thing from start to finish. Which goes some way to explaining my equivocal, slightly squiffy recommendation at the outset.

I think you need The Moog Cookbook in your life as well.

advertisement

Back