advertisement

This has made my day...

mikechadwick

pfm Member
Back in the 70's I was a huge Reggae fan, particularly the output from Channel One. The house band were the Revolutionaries and for a few years the studio absolutely killed it in terms of top tunes & rhythms. One of my favourite albums was The Revolutionaries - Revolutionary Sounds with the iconic picture of Che Guevara on the front cover.
So I was really pleased to see an original JA pressing turn up on ebay at a starting price of 99p. No mention of condition and the seller was really vague when asked. Anyhow I thought it was worth a punt and duly put a bid in for £1. Amazingly no one else bid and I won the album for 99p. With postage the total was a fiver.
The album arrived today really badly packaged and I thought worst case scenario it's a fiver down the drain. Anyhow I gave it a clean and put it on the turntable not expecting too much and, unbelievably, it plays beautifully! Now Jamaican pressings were never that great but this plays with a minimum of noise and would easily grade EX.
It's made me really happy to hear these classic tunes again (not dubs more instrumentals) in all their 70's glory!

Well done, any jamaican pressings I have had have been rough. Diplo label I think.

Very hard to find this stuff graded any better than VG. Good luck to you, had a few bargains myself on ebay.

Bloss

advertisement

Back