advertisement

"They're here..."

mattski

pfm Member
My oil-rig platforms have finally arrived... what have I done!? :cool:

Spacey - they're complete beasts, I'm a bit worried about SeaKing helicopters landing on em ;)

stands.jpg

Excellent! They look to carry some serious weight in'um. Pauls work is top draw hey!

So how do they sound compared to the bar stools?
Are the Vovox cables installed too?
Whats the exact spec of the stand build?

PS, time for a pole :) ?

Welcome to club 25's :D

yeh, things have tightended up and the soundstage is more expansive in all dimensions and imaging is better and taller. The mid-range drivers are spot-on ear height now that these stands are taller than the Ikea bar stools :)

v.impressed with Paul's work Spacey - they arrived beautifully packaged and went together without a hitch - v.nicely built. I've got some spare inert filler if anyone's after some - I just used a bag-per leg.

The Vovox arrive tomorrow... :cool:

Dimensions are shown by the following pic..
dimsy.jpg

Have you got any full system pics to put up yet? I also used four bags in each stand. Mine may look like open frames but they come in at 25-30Kgs each!!
With Paul being only 50mins away, i went to collect mine. Hes got a cool workshop and builds ever stand personally!

aye, Custom Design... I must try and get my proper drawing from Paul instead of the crap one I drew...

I made life easy for Him with my own drawing.. Saying that though, Paul said in the 30 years he's been building bespoke stands mine were the most complicated and time consuming hes ever done!

My oil-rig platforms have finally arrived... what have I done!? :cool:

Spacey - they're complete beasts, I'm a bit worried about SeaKing helicopters landing on em ;)
Have you considered changing your name to Derrick?

(They look nice, btw – like they are daring you to attempt anything approaching "background listening".)

the Vovox have arrived :cool:

initial impressions are that they've 'cleaned up' the sound somewhat by improving intrument separation, bass seems better and sound is overall more appealing - at the moment the sound-stage seems to have moved a *little* further back but it's very material dependent...

advertisement

Back