advertisement

Thermostat in Titan power shower; can it be fixed?

Mike Reed

pfm Member
Don't use it on power jet mode and it is 19/20 years old, but for a year, the thermostat has been playing up, by either taking a long time to gradually get to temp, or, more frequently, getting to a warm temp., staying there and then whining into a much hotter mode half-way through your shower, which can be tricky 'cos the water can get quite hot.

A dozen years ago I cleaned up the electrical innards after it had failed , but not the thermostat, which seems to have a life of its own regardless (almost) of selected temp on control knob. Pump is fine.

Can I 'clean up' the thermostat as I did the electrics, brushes etc. or is it time for a replacement?

Try the shower doctor in Edinburgh just use google you'll find them and buy a thermostat if it's not obsolete but frankly I'd just replace it.

Replace the shower I mean.

Triton's website will advise which current model replaces the shower.

You're not having much luck lately Mike:oops:

At 20 years, I'd say you've had your money's worth from it. Just replace, but check the positions/side of feed in of the pipework against a new one to keep hassle to a minimum.

You're not having much luck lately Mike:oops:

Cheers Tony. I'd say I have been lucky, as the boiler's firing up like a good'un now. No idea how a dry joint (if that's what it was) can resurrect itself, but hey; it buys time to contemplate a replacement in the summer.

Yes, it's prob. easier to just replace and they're not expensive. I'll get it done when the boiler's changed.

Yes Jamie; Surprised it's lasted so long t.b.h., esp. as it failed once (dirty brushes etc.)

advertisement

Back