advertisement

There's a gap..... at the top of my rack..... analogue is done... for now

Oh that's really nice!!:):)
In that vein, I've got one of these in my office. Nixie tube display too! Might be a bit heavy for the top shelf though....nice knobbage factor!

51321511746_01360235df_b.jpg

Just to conclude this thread and hopefully amuse you all.
In the end I bought a Mission PCM 7000. My very first CD player was a PCM 4000 and it put me off cd for a fair while, or was it those early cds?.
Anyway.... I'd always, wanted the 7000 and when one came up in really good condition for a hundred quid , I went for it.
Sadly, when it arrived the transport made a weird scraping noise and wouldn't play anything. The seller had packed very carefully but without the transport screw. I opened a return case.
But, tonight, in frustration, I gave the player a shake. It is now much quieter in operation and plays all disks faultlessly.
Move over @Mike P I can sort out knackered cd players with a quick shake......... Now I can't make my mind up what to do with the damn thing and once I close the return case I am stuffed. It was only a hundred quid and sounds really very nice. Go figure!

I'm not suggesting you actually use it? You don't need the shelf or what will sit on it. Might as well be something cool and the ReVox is about as cool as you're going to get. A real talking piece. Guarantee that everyone who sees it would comment on it.

If you get a vintage CD player, most people are just going to think it's a tatty old CD player. Only audiophiles might realize the history of it. It'll just look like old junk to most. Like having a VHS video recorder in your livingroom. Which my wife's parents do have! I don't think it's a cool piece of retro, I think they're old and decades behind the times.
How about a small drinks fridge, not as cool as the ReVox, but at least your beers will be, and handy too ;)

3 more ideas:
- a VRDS based transport from Teac or Wadia
- consonance droplet. Stunning looking. I nearly bought one a few years ago
- as you’re now digital, how about a tablet displaying album art whilst you listen

advertisement

Back