advertisement

theiving ****s...

Mr Cat

Owner
ok, guys a quick on here...

basically on sunday evening I uploaded some pics to flickr (benwell dene terrace night shots) and on the monday i was informed that newcastle university were using the the photographs on there site...

I have all rights reserved on my pics too...

seems that they had run some kind of script that pulls the photos from a generated page (from tags that contain the word 'tyne' I believe) - when you actually click on the photo on their site it links back to the flickr page...

so, I contacted the university with an invoice - as I'm fed up of companies using my photos without paying (I'm still going through a battle with tyne tees news - they've said they'll pay but are dragging their heels about it...and that was from last october!)...
initially i got an apology from the webmaster - but I replied saying that this wasn't good enough, and i also contacted other users who'd pics had been used asking them to grab screen shots and to invoice them (just as well, as they've since removed the pics!)
now, he's saying that it's in the hands of their legal dept so they have admitted liability....

however, it seems that a mistake was made in the sense that the script doesn't block 'all rights reserved' pics - but, it is something they should have checked imo...

and I've also been informed that the webmaster has placed the following message on his twitter account!
"Learning my cost that Flickr's badge generator doesn't automatically exclude 'all rights reserved' public photos - or let you do so."

so, I'm just waiting to see what's gonna happen....

oops...typo in the title... :D

any picture posted on facebook can be used by face book without your permission. They've changed the terms and conditions without notification to that effect.

any picture posted on facebook can be used by face book without your permission. They've changed the terms and conditions without notification to that effect.

yep...luckily I don't have any pics on there - or anything for that matter...I did setup an account, but don't use it...

tho, I'm not exactly sure what they'd use them for, but it seems crazy for anyone to post up any passport style photo on there - that's just begging to have your ID stolen...!

they;re gonna give me 200 quid....can't complain really as the photo's were only up for a day... :)

they;re gonna give me 200 quid....can't complain really as the photo's were only up for a day... :)

Well done !!!

The main gripe is how they think it is just to rape your image rights until found guilty.

I'm currently waiting for Google to reply to my email about my house appearing on their site.

It's a private dwelling, on private land and I am asking them how they wish to resolve their breaching of my privacy. I have suggested an out-of-court payment may be suitable.

I'm not holding my breath ........................

advertisement

Back