advertisement

The watch thread: pocket, wrist, sporty, showy? You name it!

Has anyone here bought a Roue watch? I quite fancy one of these:
RoueWatch-TPS-Three-Model-cart-510x595.jpg

Which at $290 seems a bit of a bargain. https://rouewatch.com/shop/tps/

Never heard of the company before but it's a very nice watch indeed!

I just ordered one of these 16mm black nato straps with 'gun metal' hardware for my vintage 36mm Timex mechanical watch. It's currently on a black leather strap but the thing is, I really don't like the feeling of metal on my skin so I'm hoping the nato strap will sort that particular issue. Admittedly, it's a bit of a gamble as the watch has a classic dress look about it and it's probably an aesthetic faux pas, to say the least. But if it makes me inclined to wear the watch more often then that's all that matters.

Here's the watch in question:

Timex-23570-2573-1-360x360.jpg

I'm sure I had one of those back in the 70s when I was in my early teens. Looked OK with a blazer, not that I cared, and it was a school blazer :)

It was on a black leather strap with go-faster holes in it, which I thought was well cool.

I just ordered one of these 16mm black nato straps with 'gun metal' hardware for my vintage 36mm Timex mechanical watch. It's currently on a black leather strap but the thing is, I really don't like the feeling of metal on my skin so I'm hoping the nato strap will sort that particular issue. Admittedly, it's a bit of a gamble as the watch has a classic dress look about it and it's probably an aesthetic faux pas, to say the least. But if it makes me inclined to wear the watch more often then that's all that matters.

Here's the watch in question:

Timex-23570-2573-1-360x360.jpg
Nice watch. it's very similar in style to my childhood hand cranker I mentioned above. Mine had no date (yay!), and it may have been smaller. I loved the dial for its easy reading.

I wore it everywhere. A direct hit by a cricket ball cracked the crystal. The perlon strap etched a permanent pattern on the back.

What bph does your Timex run at? My Olympus ran at 18,000 bph. It had a loud, musical tick that I enjoyed listening to.

Edit: thanks, Steve, for pointing out the typo :p

Nice watch. it's very similar in style to my childhood hand cranker I mentioned above. Mine had no date (yay!), and it may have been smaller. I loved the dial for its easy reading.

I wore it everywhere. A direct hit by a cricket ball cracked the crystal. The perlon strap etched a permanent pattern on the back.

What bps does your Timex run at? My Olympus ran at 18,000 bps. It had a loud, musical tick that I enjoyed listening to.
You had a mechanical watch that ran at 18kHz? I doubt it. 18,000 bph, maybe.

What bps does your Timex run at? My Olympus ran at 18,000 bph. It had a loud, musical tick that I enjoyed listening to.

Edit: thanks, Steve, for pointing out the typo :p

I had no idea until now but it seems it's 18,000 bpm. As you say, it has a nice old-skool rhythm.

advertisement

Back