advertisement

The watch thread: pocket, wrist, sporty, showy? You name it!

I do like the white dial model I not so keen on the newer blue dial much
Here is my one I did a review off its the GV

I had no idea about the etched coronet at the 6 marker... some frantic searching on my Explorer and I'm pleased to say it's there, phew!

Seiko seems to have caught on to the general trend of doing 'special editions' to sell more watches. Usually they leave me cold; I prefer a good well-designed bog standard watch. The black version starts off looking cool but once the black layer starts flaking off...

I've had the opportunity to buy the Marinemaster 300 at a good price many times in past. I've tried to love it but it just sits too high on my average sized wrists.

For me, the standard 300M Tuna works great. I love it!

[

Thanks glad you liked the video :) the new bezel is a ceramic one and I also fitted a sapphire crystal with blue AR tint
plus a new ISO diver strap.
I did a video of me fitting the above mods which comes out next week Friday I believe
PS I had a Marinemaster 300 many years ago and sold it but would really like one again at some point

Seiko seems to have caught on to the general trend of doing 'special editions' to sell more watches. Usually they leave me cold; I prefer a good well-designed bog standard watch. The black version starts off looking cool but once the black layer starts flaking off...

I've had the opportunity to buy the Marinemaster 300 at a good price many times in past. I've tried to love it but it just sits too high on my average sized wrists.

For me, the standard 300M Tuna works great. I love it!

Ive had a MM300 and a Darth Tuna and still have a 300M Tuna SBBN007
The Tuna's a lot taller than the MM300 and being 48mm most people wouldn't even consider it, but its lug to lug side
is on the small side so it does wear much smaller than the numbers would make out

Enjoyed the Milly video but still don’t really like the GV. Didn’t know about the adjustment on the clasp, learned something today!

Mine's 48 years old. The only thing I'm not keen on is the top hat - doesn't quite sit with the aesthetic, like a 5513 for example. Keeps bloody good time though, over the years!

My Red Sub is 47 years old and my 5513 is 53! Swapped the crystal on the Red Sub for a plain dome to make it look more like a Sea Dweller, then subsequently bought a Dweller, but more modern (5 digit reference). My other sub is a Tudor, which is the only one currently with a cyclops, arguably Rolex's most iconic feature.

49321249091_63f31b2dc9_c.jpg

There's a lot of watch deals being posted on HUKD at retailer Ernest Jones, including some great deals on Tudor watches. The word on the street is that watches like Tudor are in-store only and pickings in real life will be slim to none. That said, if you happen to be passing one of their stores it might be worth popping in because you never know, it could be your lucky day.

Ernest Jones

Mine's 48 years old. The only thing I'm not keen on is the top hat - doesn't quite sit with the aesthetic, like a 5513 for example. Keeps bloody good time though, over the years!

I like the Top Hat as its just so Rolex but I do have a 1665 Double Red Sea dweller which also looks great if your into a dome crystal

My Red Sub is 47 years old and my 5513 is 53! Swapped the crystal on the Red Sub for a plain dome to make it look more like a Sea Dweller, then subsequently bought a Dweller, but more modern (5 digit reference). My other sub is a Tudor, which is the only one currently with a cyclops, arguably Rolex's most iconic feature.

49321249091_63f31b2dc9_c.jpg

Some impressive models you have there Sir I really like the 5513 most
Here are my Rolex

Thanks Bazza. That's an impressive collection you have (love the DRSD), my one regret is not buying an anniversary sub when they were around the £4k price! Look at them now...

I also have a couple of Explorers, and a DateJust which I nearly flipped for a Buckley dial but couldn't quite make the deal work. Still hanker after one tho.

49320756168_4bba20fa80_w.jpg

41422528800_df5597e93b_w.jpg

Thanks Bazza. That's an impressive collection you have (love the DRSD), my one regret is not buying an anniversary sub when they were around the £4k price! Look at them now...

I also have a couple of Explorers, and a DateJust which I nearly flipped for a Buckley dial but couldn't quite make the deal work. Still hanker after one tho.

49320756168_4bba20fa80_w.jpg

41422528800_df5597e93b_w.jpg

Nice I was lucky and got my LV for only £3.1k back in 2010 full box and papers plus a black extra bezel, those were the days :)

I didn't buy an LV back then as I didn't like the green. I still don't but duh!

I should have bought a DRSD then instead. Now it's beyond reason

I like the Top Hat as its just so Rolex but I do have a 1665 Double Red Sea dweller which also looks great if your into a dome crystal

Some impressive models you have there Sir I really like the 5513 most
Here are my Rolex

I assume the Red Sub and DRSD get worn regularly. Or none of them keep time very well :)

I assume the Red Sub and DRSD get worn regularly. Or none of them keep time very well :)
I wear the Red Sub more than the DRSD, in fact I just got a new bracelet for it from StrapCode
I normally I wear them in rotation a few times a month that's the same with all my others watches as I have a
Few I'm big fan of Sinn watches too

Nice I was lucky and got my LV for only £3.1k back in 2010 full box and papers plus a black extra bezel, those were the days :)

Bargain @ £3100. Paid £3600 new for mine after a quick haggle (I think retail was 4k) in 2006. The regret is not buying two and keeping one in its box, plus the highly desirable "flat 4" offered to me at a very good price. I wear mine daily, for swimming and it rarely comes off unless I happen to be in Barcelona where you are running a high risk of being mugged.

Some beautiful watches here now commanding eye watering money. I'd love a 5513 one day -- a PP 5711 would be nice too -- I'll keep dreaming.

I must admit, I am astonished where the 5513 is going. That was my first Rolex which I bought nearly 10 years ago for less than £3k.

advertisement

Back