advertisement

The watch thread: pocket, wrist, sporty, showy? You name it!

THIS is interesting.

I have a 39mm Rolex Explorer which is fantastic and was discontinued about six months after I bought one… only for Rolex to release a 40mm version two years later! Very odd.

THIS is interesting.

I have a 39mm Rolex Explorer which is fantastic and was discontinued about six months after I bought one… only for Rolex to release a 40mm version two years later! Very odd.

Didn't Rolex make a smaller version after the 39mm version? And now they've gone bigger than 39mm? Odd indeed!

I have an Omega seamaster that I bought in 2007 whilst on holiday in New York when the pound was around $2!
I recently bought a Christopher Ward to use as a daily wear watch as the pins in the Omega strap were wearing out.A genuine Omega bracelet doesn’t come cheap.
Obviously the Christopher Ward is No near the quality of the Omega but if you buy one in January when they have a sale there not too bad all things considered.

... made me smile!
..I've me 300m rated Casio for that kind of duty.
I can’t remember which comedian it was (maybe Jasper Carrot) who commented that it would come in handy if you were having a swim a couple of hundred meters deep and someone came up and asked for the time.

For me the magic number is about 36-37mm for a time only dress watch. Obviously the 'ideal' size depends on one's wrist size but anything bigger than that looks out of proportion.

For chronographs, sports and dive watches, bigger (within limits) makes more sense and looks better. I've been really enjoying this monster of late after owning it for a very long time but not truly appreciating it in the past...

flightmaster1.jpg

They used to make a 36mm model as I remember
I have a OP 39mm myself and size wise its great on my 7.25 inch wrist

I have the blue version of this, I like the understated, smaller look to them.
Quite what to make of this new series though, in 41mm, hmm -

rolex-oyster-perpetual-celebration-hero.jpg

Hi guys I've sorted a date out with Francis & Gaye of Coventry for the next Sinn event
It's going to be on Saturday the 20th of May.

If your interested drop reply or drop me a message

The last one was a good laugh

Was out in town and saw this and was quite taken with it (in the window under lights). Tried it on and it just didn’t look right on the wrist. Liked but not loved and a bit drab. Colour accent on the dial would have improved it I think. Close but no cigar.

IMG-8157.jpg

advertisement

Back