advertisement

The watch thread: pocket, wrist, sporty, showy? You name it!

I'm keeping an eye out for something a bit dressy for going out, I never used to be a fan of gold but it has grown on me with age. Any suggestions?

Orient are one of the three major Japanese brands and are now part of the Seiko group though not widely sold in the UK. I have two Orients in my collection and consider them good watches for the money.

Thanks for your input, which I agree with.
I just couldn't find a similar model anywhere on searches so was doubting it as genuine.

Orient are one of the three major Japanese brands and are now part of the Seiko group though not widely sold in the UK. I have two Orients in my collection and consider them good watches for the money.
Yes, Orient are decent watches. I've got a couple too and like them - I'd put them roughly on a level with mid-priced Seikos. Not something worth doing knock off copies of I'd say. The one in @cj66 's post looks genuine, though don't think it's a current model.

Maybe if I wore a beanie hat and turn ups everywhere.

what's that got to do wid it

Had something more classy in mind but not overtly flashy.

like this?

Screenshot-20230326-161832-Chrome.jpg

sick man

Calling @bazza. and any other watch-knowledgeable folk.

I came across a neat little Orient for sale locally but couldn't find any informationon on it using the big G.
As this is knock off central I'd like to know if it's a genuine model or a copiers special variation.

Screenshot-20230326-132052-Facebook.jpg

Screenshot-20230326-132126-Facebook.jpg

As has been said upthread, Orient are a decent brand, I have a Ray 2 diver and it keeps time to about -3s a day, which is ridiculous for an automatic watch that cost me, new, about £100.

I'd like to say there's not much point in the fakers going after such a vfm brand, but they fake Casio F91s, which retail, genuine, for about £20, so who knows?

I'm keeping an eye out for something a bit dressy for going out, I never used to be a fan of gold but it has grown on me with age. Any suggestions?
Longines made some very handsome and excellent quality watches in the 40s - 60s. I still have one of my father's which he bought in 1947 and has never missed a beat.

Coincidentally I was just about to post suggesting you had a look at Omegas, when your post popped up.

How about something like a Seamaster Coaxial Aqua Terra. ? There are loads of versions around, modern and older classics, used and new, including gold if you wanted.

I've got a current SS version and it's an excellent watch, good quality without ott bling.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Coincidentally I was just about to post suggesting you had a look at Omegas, when you post popped up.

How about something like a Seamaster Coaxial Aqua Terra. ? There are loads of versions around, modern and older classics, used and new, including gold if you wanted.

I've got a current SS version and it's an excellent watch, good quality without ott bling.

I like the constellations a lot, the pie pan variant looks particularly nice but out of budget sadly.

I like the constellations a lot, the pie pan variant looks particularly nice but out of budget sadly.
The Constellations are very nice. Have a look around, you may get lucky. I've just this minute seen a very nice 9ct gold Omega on a gold bracelet - not sure of model but looked very nice - go for £500 on Flog It.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back