advertisement

The Wam/Kegworth HIFI show 2020

Thanks Tony for the change.

Sunbeamgls: Ivor and Gilad came to the early Scalford shows but seeing their names gave Peter the 'in' to go see them and invite their engineers to Scalford. Peter tells me they got on well.

The hotel is big and there should not be any problems with numbers but as always arrive early. You may have to park on the road but it is a small street and many did last year.

We can make minor changes to the web page but I think we can forgive Peter as he is on morphine, recovering. As you all know if you get a chance to have an op earlier than planned you take it even if it wipes you out before a big show. So he may not be dashing up and down the stairs at Kegworth but I suspect some medicinal whisky will help. :)

Hopefully see you all there.

Yes thanks Tony although "Wigwam" was consigned to the archives about 3 years ago and "The Wam" was born :)

I’ve changed it for you, though the website is still called HiFiWigwam.com as is the logo. I’ve no idea which is right!

Reactions: BJP
I’ve changed it for you, though the website is still called HiFiWigwam.com as is the logo. I’ve no idea which is right!

Nice one Tony , yes the domain is still HiFiWigwam but the forum and show are offically The Wam .

Right guys are we now set?

The Show is going ahead and there is no way Peter would let it slide.

Tickets are for sale on the door, so we can't be sold out.

There is a lot of parking space and overspill on the local streets. No restrictions on Sunday.

We have a large number of systems/rooms taken (50) and all different and matched.

Web page set up.

Basically full steam ahead for the Show. See you there.

Where about are you? Kegworth is right by East Midlands airport so it might be possible to fly in on the Saturday and back on Sunday evening... assuming you’re near an airport that operates flights to EMA and that the prices aren’t astronomical.

Galloway. No airports here. Not even many roads, to be honest. Quite a lot of sheep.

It is open to the public on Sunday 15th March from 10am.
Look forward to seeing you there :)

Reading the show webpage confused me a little as to whether this is truly open to the public or is only for registered (paid or unpaid) members of the Wam site.

There's a missing apostrophe in 'worlds' too. :D

I'll echo some comments;
  • the hotel accessibility, MUCH wider corridors and a consistent layout (e.g. I exhibited in syndicate 23 at Scalford one year and I'm pretty sure most visitors never found us!)
  • the lift covers all 3 floors (given the number of entries the 2nd floor WILL be needed this year) so very accessible, free entry for those holding a disabled parking badge
  • start at the farthest reaches of the hotel and work back
  • if you want/need to stay over consider the Best Western "Yew Tree Lodge" about 150m away
and yes the Linn engineers went to Scalford, really joined in and were great ambassadors for their brand

excited? oh yes

Okay all on here the rooms for this year at the show have now been allocated . As I promised I would give details of what room I was in it is 217 . Anyone who wants to drop in and get some of their own music played then provided it is on CD or Flash drive or something in my Library then please call in and have a chat and a listen . Please let me know who you are , but do not be upset if twenty minutes later I forget , this is not you but everybody these days and not at all intentional .

I'll be in the Hathern with a pair of Linkwitz Orion's, an LP12 with Stack audio upgrades. Niel Jadman phono stage, silent PC running Tidal.

Feel free to bring along records and of course I'm happy to play anything from the Tidal library.

Playlist now sorted - for those who really like to plan ahead for the show, check the list and let us know which track you'd like to hear on the active powered LS5/9.
For those slightly less organised we'll have the playlist available in the room for browsing and selection of tracks.

Playlist here: https://audiophilemusings.blogspot.com/2020/02/hifi-wigwam-show-15-march-2020-kegworth.html

This will be happening in Room 120:

Linn Akurate Exakt front end, Lejonklou power amps and Graham LS5/9 modified to run active.

Hope to see you there.

advertisement

Back