advertisement

The Wam/Kegworth HIFI show 2020

Can you buy tickets on the day?

I think they need to improve their marketing. It's difficult to find any information about the show on their main website, and the banner at the top displays details of the 2019 show. A casual look would have made me think it's not on this year.

Can you buy tickets on the day?

I think they need to improve their marketing. It's difficult to find any information about the show on their main website, and the banner at the top displays details of the 2019 show. A casual look would have made me think it's not on this year.

I had difficulty trying to find out how to buy a ticket last year. Their website seems to be horribly counter-intuitive since it was re-designed: one of the main reasons why I'm a very infrequent visitor these days. :(

Last year it was cash only on the day . The updates in the last two years have always been late pre the show but if attendance numbers are to improve then a decent heads up is sort of key .

Last year it was cash only on the day . The updates in the last two years have always been late pre the show but if attendance numbers are to improve then a decent heads up is sort of key .
Indeed, hence the reason I started this thread. I was genuinely concerned that the show had been cancelled.

I know that this can appear to be the case but it is not what most on the forum want. You need to understand that the Wam is owned by one individual and they control all of the output regarding the show. So they are the only one that can update and create the HiFi Wigwam Web Page and insert all the details . We have asked for this bit so far it has not happened and there has been no communication from that individual that will be the definitive answer.

I am happy to answer any question I can but please be aware I am just a member so I may not know all of the answers. The Wam Show will be held on the weekend of March 14/15th and the Kegworth Hotel is the venue for the exhibitors rooms. Currently there are so many rooms given up for the exhibit that it is not likely that there will be any spare rooms for guests to book but there is a Great Western Hotel nearby which is only about 150 yards from the venue . Kegworth is easily reached by Motorway and is close to Castle Donnington in the Midlands . East Midlands Airport is also close by .
The show itself in case anyone does not know is a non commercial show in that there are no Trade rooms all of the rooms are individual wammers and members of other forums own systems and you get a wide range of equipment some of which you may never have heard before.

As to the details of the show Saturday 14th March is the set up day . Exhibitors will arrive and get there rooms up and working and then over the Saturday night will use the time to get to listen to many of the other systems and have a drink and relax (not always the case when things go wrong but the ideal scenario) . Anyone with a ticket is welcome to attend and perhaps help out and have a listen and talk with other enthusiasts and listen to soe music .

Main event takes place on the Sunday with an early 09.30 / 10.00 (apologies I forget which it was) and this is a ticket only event which goes on through the whole day .

Hope this helps and answers a few questions , if not either post here or if you prefer PM me and I will try and help . I and I am sure all other exhibitors want as many people as possible to turn up and enjoy what we are doing . It is lots of hard work to exhibit and a bit pointless if no one comes to have a listen . Anyone that wants to can buy a ticket and please do , bring your own music CD , USB stick only for my system but lots of others will have Vinyl systems .

Thanks very helpful and all sounds great - where can you buy tickets ?

Thanks very helpful and all sounds great - where can you buy tickets ?

No one knows where to buy them, or even if they can be bought.

If the show was twelve months off I could understand the details not being released, but with less than two months to go - and with the exhibitors known - I'd have expected some details by now.

Members and the Managment normally start bigging up the show months in advance on the Wam forum.
They have so many options and the Linn forum on there now it's a lot to read.

As I mentioned all these details and pre show information is in the hands of the WigWam owner . Others on the forum have posted and sent messages but as yet no responce. Tickets last year were able to be bought in advance from the Wam Show page . On the day if it is like last year then it will be cash only at the entrance .

I promise that as soon as I see any details when the show page goes up or any details on tickets are given will post the same here but this is not in my hands and i can only react when things start to be put in place.

I agree with the comments that early information and details would be great and enable advance ticket sales but this is not in my hands or even any of the Mods on the Wam . We all have to wait but will post when I know something.

But for anyone who'd only heard of the event it's more difficult to find hard details such as where it's at, and how to pay for entry, than it ought to be. There shouldn't be a need to search user threads to find that kind of information. As something that, I assume, makes money for the Wam owners I think it would be in their interests to advertise it better.

There is a dedicated site but it hasn't been updated yet. When it is, there will be a banner at the top of the page to easily access it. Whilst I agree that the show probably does make some profit, there is an incredible amount of work needed to run something like the Wam Show.

The site for last years show didn't go live until February 13th 2019.

It's ludicrous how poorly the information about the show is managed. There was someone in Ireland who posted on the show thread about coming over to see it, didn't realise it was on Sunday, and bought non-refundable plane tickets for the Saturday, which is for setting up. Perfectly understandable mistake for someone who has never been to the show as everything on the website leads you to believe it's run over the two days.

IPerfectly understandable mistake for someone who has never been to the show as everything on the website leads you to believe it's run over the two days.

My original assumption was that it was over two days as the that's what's mentioned for the 2019 show and also in the title of the thread for this year's. I've booked a room for Sunday night at the Best Western nearby as I need to be in Leicester on Monday morning and it's not too far away.

Shows are a communal effort but there always has to be a focal point as in when James did them and he ultimately said yay or nay . I know the wammers and other forum members are chomping at the bit and trying to make headway here so a release can be made asap

The show is brilliant, and it's incredible the non-trade wammers who put in all that effort to pack up their gear, schlep it over to the venue, set it up and exhibit basically for the fun of it. However, the owners or mods on the website could make things a little bit clearer now just by clarifying for example wherever the dates appear that the Sat is for setting up and the Sun is open to the plebs.

Do you really think so? I thought it pretty clear that the Saturday is for setting up and the actual show is on the Sunday.
Obviously wasn't clear to the chappie in Ireland who bought a one day return plane ticket, and he even posted on the thread before buying his plane tix.

Well, every one of the the shows, so far, has been on a Sunday.
————-
I don’t know this particular case but some things remain opaque to some people no matter what info is provided.

advertisement

Back