advertisement

The 'Wagatha Christie' affair is far from over ...

Doubles all round in the inns of court.*

*(for those at the bar)
That was the point made by the R4 interviewer to “rent-a-brief” he was chewing the fat with and the brief’s response was that Hugh Tomlinson QC would have tried to talk Vardy out of it in the first place. How vigorous M’learned friend was in that pursuit will remain a mystery

Comedian Iain Lee has called Rebekah Vardy a "bully, a liar and a manipulator".

The radio presenter took part in the 2017 series of ITV jungle reality show I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! at the same time as the footballer's wife at the centre of the Wagatha Christie trial.

Lee, 48, revealed on Twitter that he had been approached to do an interview about Vardy in relation to her promotion of mental health.

He tweeted: "Just had an interview request to talk about how Rebekah Vardy is so brave for promoting mental health... she contributed to me being f**king miserable and isolated in the jungle...so, that's a pass from me."

:D

A 78 page judgement to justify exorbitant legal charges think I'd be appealing too although the judge did call the bold Rebecca a liar, but 78 pages?

Eff me, need to take up lawyering.

Comedian Iain Lee has called Rebekah Vardy a "bully, a liar and a manipulator".

The radio presenter took part in the 2017 series of ITV jungle reality show I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! at the same time as the footballer's wife at the centre of the Wagatha Christie trial.

Lee, 48, revealed on Twitter that he had been approached to do an interview about Vardy in relation to her promotion of mental health.

He tweeted: "Just had an interview request to talk about how Rebekah Vardy is so brave for promoting mental health... she contributed to me being f**king miserable and isolated in the jungle...so, that's a pass from me."

:D
There’s a truly malignant angle on this. The Sun which was paying Vardy for the leads has now started feasting on her misfortune. Monetising it for advertising revenue as they do. The Rooneys quite rightly refused to speak to them because of the vomit Murdoch sprayed on the people of Liverpool after Hilsborough. It’s an illustration of how low much of the British media are- they destroy people for cash and they use that cash to stop politicians calling time on them.

Must be some political shenanigans going on somewhere and this is deflection????????

Indeed. Other stuff too. At least no one needs to see why Prince William is trending on Twitter with this one.

PS Please don’t anyone post anything on that one as there will inevitably be a superinjunction on it in time.

A 78 page judgement to justify exorbitant legal charges think I'd be appealing too although the judge did call the bold Rebecca a liar, but 78 pages?

Eff me, need to take up lawyering.
High Court Judgements can be a work of art. They deal with all the law and evidence that arises from a trial. It's only right that a considered judgement is given. I think all concerned bar the parties in this case are of the view that this has been a waste of everyone's time but it's important that Judges properly determine cases before them. I'll diarise this for reading later!
https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Vardy-v-Rooney-Trial-Judgment.pdf

High Court Judgements can be a work of art. They deal with all the law and evidence that arises from a trial. It's only right that a considered judgement is given. I think all concerned bar the parties in this case are of the view that this has been a waste of everyone's time but it's important that Judges properly determine cases before them. I'll diarise this for reading later!
https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Vardy-v-Rooney-Trial-Judgment.pdf
The beautiful and hilarious exception to the rule was the summing up in the Jeremy Thorp conspiracy to murder acquittal. When I heard Peter Cook doing it, I had no idea he was quoting verbatim, was convinced it was a gag.

advertisement

Back