advertisement

The TRUTH Why Modern Music Is Awful

oldman.jpg

I’m out of touch.
Is this the Cloud that things are stored on ?

I agree, but looking back at 80s TOTP for e.g. istm the charts have always a bit that way.
Depends which episodes are shown, the early 80's had some diverse acts on show, Dexy's, Adam & the ants, Depeche mode, New order, Yazoo etc.. all went a bit odd after this, stock aitken & waterman took over, horrible.

The only band I can say I enjoy with a passion in the modern era is Alt J.
I do also have a penchant for the Avici "True" album, I enjoy all that western ho down stuff, works well on this particular album mixed with dance music, lots of fun.

Depends which episodes are shown, the early 80's had some diverse acts on show, Dexy's, Adam & the ants, Depeche mode, New order, Yazoo etc.. all went a bit odd after this, stock aitken & waterman took over, horrible.

The only band I can say I enjoy with a passion in the modern era is Alt J.
I do also have a penchant for the Avici "True" album, I enjoy all that western ho down stuff, works well on this particular album mixed with dance music, lots of fun.

Yep that's the exact time it all went seriously Pete Tong. About 1984... when complete ****ers everywhere suddenly thought white socks, tints and hair gel were a good idea!

Yep that's the exact time it all went seriously Pete Tong. About 1984... when complete ****ers everywhere suddenly thought white socks, tints and hair gel were a good idea!

...conveniently forgetting about so many amazing bands; Sonic Youth, Pixies, Minutemen, Cocteau Twins, Throwing Muses, The The, Talk Talk etc etc, and then all the electronia etc that came in with Derek May, 808 State, KLF, Orb etc etc. As is always the case there is shed-loads of amazing music to be found just a few cm in any direction from the corporate pop charts.

...conveniently forgetting about so many amazing bands; Sonic Youth, Pixies, Minutemen, Cocteau Twins, Throwing Muses, The The, Talk Talk etc etc, and then all the electronia etc that came in with Derek May, 808 State, KLF, Orb etc etc. As is always the case there is shed-loads of amazing music to be found just a few cm in any direction from the corporate pop charts.

How many times do I need to repeat that I'm talking ONLY about the charts in EVERYTHING I SAY on the matter?????

Everyone you mention had chart success. KLF had 2 number one singles....in the 90's

As so many here have been recommending GOGO Penguin I gave them a listen... crap. No tunes. Just tinkly "jazz" meanderings that go nowhere...

I use YouTube almost daily for cycling related stuff, cosmology, particle physics & music that never made it onto CD. I stumbled on this a few months back - it's very thought provoking. However, it's touching on a far more worrying trend that New Scientist reported on - the declining level of intelligence that peaked in the 50s to 90s that has dropped since. The key message to my mind was the effect of risk aversion.

Ok. So, my wife asked me for the latest Cd from Ollie Murs. Oh, I say. But I think brownie points etc so get her said cd.

Play said heresy CD on main rig.

I have to say this is very resonable! There. No doubt I’ll get banned from here for a month for daring to post such stuff.

Ok. So, my wife asked me for the latest Cd from Ollie Murs. Oh, I say. But I think brownie points etc so get her said cd.

Play said heresy CD on main rig.

I have to say this is very resonable! There. No doubt I’ll get banned from here for a month for daring to post such stuff.

It’s just talking along with the music as far as I can see.
Come to that, his articulation leaves something to be desired...

Last edited:

advertisement

Back