advertisement

The Troubled Teen Industry (TTI)

ks.234

Half way to Infinity
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57442175

US parents are paying private Companies, many of them religious, to kidnap their own troubled children, sometimes from their own beds in the middle of the night, for boot camp style correction of teenagers’ problems with their identity, including coming to terms with their sexually. What parent would do that to their own children?

Surprise, surprise, it hasn’t worked out too well.

Is this an abhorrence peculiar to the US? Or is it something we can look forward to coming over here?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57442175

US parents are paying private Companies, many of them religious, to kidnap their own troubled children, sometimes from their own beds in the middle of the night, for boot camp style correction of teenagers’ problems with their identity, including coming to terms with their sexually. What parent would do that to their own children?

Surprise, surprise, it hasn’t worked out too well.

Is this an abhorrence peculiar to the US? Or is it something we can look forward to coming over here?

I thought that this had been happening in the U.S.A. for 60 + years?
Maybe not so conspicuous in its declared purpose, but there none the less.

Also it brings to mind boys being encouraged to join the armed forces in the U.K. (historically) to ‘make men of them.’

I feel this has been a thing for centuries.

Also it brings to mind boys being encouraged to join the armed forces in the U.K. (historically) to ‘make men of them.’

Yes, I’ve heard of the boot camp thing, but what’s new to me, is parents paying these people to kidnap their own children. There are stories of children being kidnapped from hospital, their own beds, and being lured away on ‘holiday’, then forcibly taken away.

If the ‘arranged kidnapping’ aspect of this is well known, I apologise.

It has. Been going on for ages. Keeps the military academies/camps in profit and parents off the hook.

Maybe it’s the parents who need correcting - too late once the kids have arrived though! A lot of people don’t realise bringing up a child is the most important job they will ever have.

If the ‘arranged kidnapping’ aspect of this is well known, I apologise.

No need to apologise.

I am sure that some folk will be new to the concept. I am unsure as to whether the presence of Ms. Hilton gives the article less or more. Depends who is looking at it I guess.

either way up, it is vile practice.

In terms of arranged kidnapping, I think of the children sent to Australia to be safe during WWII, many of which were abused by their so-called guardians. Same happened in the U.K. Could be regarded as State sponsored kidnapping - depends who is looking at it I guess.

No need to apologise.

I am sure that some folk will be new to the concept. I am unsure as to whether the presence of Ms. Hilton gives the article less or more. Depends who is looking at it I guess.

either way up, it is vile practice.

In terms of arranged kidnapping, I think of the children sent to Australia to be safe during WWII, many of which were abused by their so-called guardians. Same happened in the U.K. Could be regarded as State sponsored kidnapping - depends who is looking at it I guess.
And the aboriginal children who were ‘removed’ by the state. However, I still struggle to understand parents who pay to have their own children kidnapped

And the aboriginal children who were ‘removed’ by the state. However, I still struggle to understand parents who pay to have their own children kidnapped

I have no requirement to understand what makes folks do things like that.

advertisement

Back