advertisement

The Ten Biggest Lies in Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I think I probably have a better system than anyone on here. Leave alone that the most expensive arm and cartridge on the planet won't be as good as my phone"

I don't know where to begin to comment!

You genuinely believe your system is better than anyone eise on pfm has, utter bollocks.

Phone better than good (note not top spec) vinyl replay, I'm truly appalled by your arrogance. I assume you don't work in the marketing department of AVI?

Mods - I normally hold back on comments about other trade accounts so if this is too much please delete.

bigcable.jpg

What is that?? A martial arts weapon? A snake? A knob substitute for keen ladies? I'm not surprised it takes two to hold it.

I doubt very much that would stay plugged in at either end.

"I think I probably have a better system than anyone on here. Leave alone that the most expensive arm and cartridge on the planet won't be as good as my phone"

I don't know where to begin to comment!

You genuinely believe your system is better than anyone eise on pfm has, utter bollocks.

Phone better than good (note not top spec) vinyl replay, I'm truly appalled by your arrogance. I assume you don't work in the marketing department of AVI?

Mods - I normally hold back on comments about other trade accounts so if this is too much please delete.

I don't think you should have commented, certainly not without knowing the facts.

1. I'd guess you're one of these vintage types who sees magic in turntables, which is fine by me, but in the real world.......

2. I'm bloody sure the prototypes we're evaluating at the moment are better than most people have ever heard, assuming they accept clarity, neutrality, stereo imagery etc, in other words, all the original goals of true high fidelity to be the aim.

I'm not even being arrogant, we just bought the best bits available, had some specially made and designed and built an active system around them.

I don't understand why some of you are so rude and feel the need to keep putting me down. All it does is prevent worthwhile exchanges of information and risks starting fights.

I don't think you should have commented, certainly not without knowing the facts.

1. I'd guess you're one of these vintage types who sees magic in turntables, which is fine by me, but in the real world.......

2. I'm bloody sure the prototypes we're evaluating at the moment are better than most people have ever heard, assuming they accept clarity, neutrality, stereo imagery etc, in other words, all the original goals of true high fidelity to be the aim.

I'm not even being arrogant, we just bought the best bits available, had some specially made and designed and built an active system around them.

I don't understand why some of you are so rude and feel the need to keep putting me down. All it does is prevent worthwhile exchanges of information and risks starting fights.
In the real world, people are free to choose what they think sounds best. Some arrogant blow-hard telling people that their systems are no good, but refusing to back it up the rhetoric with deeds is about as real-world as an ocean finance advert on telly.

As far as "better than most people have ever heard", I'm sure that most people here have better systems than most people have heard. In fact, I would hazard a guess that most people haven't ever heard a h-fi.

Poor old Ash has selective memory regarding rudeness; he is all to happy to dish it out (especially on his own forum where he has carte-blanche to bully, insult and swear at people) but is soon to trot out the "poor little me" when he is faced with a robust argument in an environment that he doesn't control.

I am continually amazed at how his continued presence on here is tolerated beyond bunging him on one of the trade rooms.

Ash, what do you expect! You reap what you sow.

"I'm not even being arrogant, we just bought the best bits available"

Try reading the bit in quotes again.

Of all those who know so much better than Ashley, how many have listened to his products?

That pic could be used in a caption competition. I will go first...

"this cable makes up for both of us having very small penises"

Truth is that what that bloody silly cable will do is damage wall sockets and also IEC sockets or possibly even bend the metal it is screwed to.

Companies making products like that and the gullible who buy them are a menace.

I'm sure we're not the only company to suffer damage to sockets.

Ash

Good point. On the other hand, Ash likes to make statements about other people's systems. How many pink fishers' systems has he heard?

Ash has mystical powers. He once told me my amp was clipping without even knowing what it was, hearing it or knowing what volumes I was playing at. When my brother pointed out that I was measuring it, on a scope he then said that it was definitely clipping and that I didn't know how to read the scope....

That I don't know how to interpret every nuance may be true, but even I can tell when a wiggle gets bigger....

In the real world, people are free to choose what they think sounds best. Some arrogant blow-hard telling people that their systems are no good, but refusing to back it up the rhetoric with deeds

Prowla baby. the man owns a successful hifi company. And builds hifi. And sells hifi. And has, over the years, earned umpteen awards and other stuff for very well received electronics and speakers.

How many deeds do you want?

Where are your similar deeds? Do you own Naim?

Prowla baby. the man owns a successful hifi company. And builds hifi. And sells hifi. And has, over the years, earned umpteen awards and other stuff for very well received electronics and speakers.

How many deeds do you want?

Where are your similar deeds? Do you own Naim?

How's the sale of your AVI equipment going arthur?

<moderating>

Arthur, if someone places product advertising claims on the internet they should expect to have them scrutinised and challenged. Especially so if they are presented with little context or scientific discipline. This is perfectly acceptable and certainly does not breach the AUP of this site in any way. You have had quite a few posts deleted over recent days due to an apparent unwillingness to accept this point and a tendency to make your argument personal. As I've said many times before: bat the ball, not the poster.

Ash,

If you can find any way of playing this:

understand-your-swede.jpg

On anything other than a turntable, I'd be interested to know how.

Note that 'interested' does not mean I would in any way actually want to hear this album on any kind of media player of any description.

A good turntable gives us access to the past that was ignored by the digital revolutions of the 1980s and the 2000s. In this case, that's probably a good thing.

<moderating>

I'm going to lock this thread here as it's actually got to the length I split into multiples to save undue stress on the site's search facility, so it's a lock due to length / database management, not content. If someone wants to start another feel free - I can't spot an easy split-point so I'll leave it to others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back