advertisement

The Ten Biggest Lies in Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
The L & R will be different as one amp-pack has a built in remote controlled preamp and DAC, i.e. some digital circuitry in there too, plus a sub output.

I think the whole idea of >300w rms for a small two way with 6" bass diver needs considering in wider context. Even allowing for the fact that the drivers would be toast at less than a third of that (continuous) the audio output would sound dire from a small speaker driven so hard. Far better to give a meaningful spec - say 80w rms with double for dynamic conditions. Realistic and gives no cause for argument.

I think the whole idea of >300w rms for a small two way with 6" bass diver needs considering in wider context. Even allowing for the fact that the drivers would be toast at less than a third of that (continuous) the audio output would sound dire from a small speaker driven so hard. Far better to give a meaningful spec - say 80w rms with double for dynamic conditions. Realistic and gives no cause for argument.

I would say that with these type of speakers the actually wattage etc of the internal amps should not be part of the spec. Rather something like SPL for a given input and a max input/SPL rating. It would then not matter at all what the actual power was - just like Rolls Royce who don't give HP but say 'sufficient'

Thing is its so difficult to compare. Most amps are class AB and that 'A' bit is what makes the amp warm at idle. Typically this will be from 1W upwards (my own are 15W pc). Lets say these speakers have a sensitivity of 110dBWm then you could run class 'A' at 0.1W to get 100dB SPL whilst other speakers may need 3 or more watts for the same SPL. That is really cool.........

Cheers,

DV

Anyone here have a pair of ADM9.1s?

Measuring the power output of the amps is the only way this one will be resolved once and for all.

Joe

Yes - actual measurements rather than extrapolations of theoretical numbers off the component specs might help dispel suspicions regarding the thread title.

<moderating>

Some posts deleted - take the personal arguments away from this forum or I will start throwing people out. As ever read the AUP, it is very clear on such things.

Dudes,

Be cool or I'll post a picture of Anya the vengeance demon in a terrifying bunny costume.

tumblr_liahrsHycr1qb4qt2o1_500.jpg

Joe / Bufferating

Crap, the boss beat me to it. At least you know I'm not one to throw around idle threats.

Joe

Arthur,

Wonder if she's into cables?

From wiki —

Anyanka [aka, Anya the vengeance demon] has the power to grant wishes made by women seeking revenge against men who have wronged them, a gift which is supported by her ability to detect women's emotional pain at a distance. She has supernatural strength, teleportation, telekinesis and rapid healing. As a demon she will not die of old age, but can be killed if her body is sufficiently damaged.

With over a thousand years of experience as a former vengeance demon, Anya's knowledge of demonology is immense. Although her native language is Old Norse, Anyanka/Anya speaks fluent English as well as some French and Latin. It is implied that she can speak any human language, as she has granted wishes in many countries all over the world throughout many centuries.

Anya also exhibits some basic knowledge of magic, often commenting on Willow's spellcasting and interest in magic with a reasonable degree of insight, and she occasionally participates in the casting of spells herself ("Doppelgangland"). As a human, Anya's experience and practice of combat from her time as a demon allows her to be an effective fighter, as seen in the series finale.

Yup, she's totally into cables.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back