advertisement

The Strangest Cover Versions

kjb

Proof reading not always a strength
Ian Penman flagged this one up on Twitter today:

Can anyone offer any strange (stranger) cover versions? This one seems to come from a parallel universe - especially once the Ice Skaters come on. If the Coen Brothers had come up with this it would be hailed as a work of genius.

Kevin

Don't know about "strange" with this but pretty odd anyway... I heard an amazing version of "I heard it through the grapevine" on R6 the other day which I wish I could remember who it was... Imagine James Browns band in full funky drummer mode but with a lass on vocals. I had Randy Crawford in my head as a vague recollection but seems it wasn't her... anyone know? It was good!

Don't know about "strange" with this but pretty odd anyway... I heard an amazing version of "I heard it through the grapevine" on R6 the other day which I wish I could remember who it was... Imagine James Browns band in full funky drummer mode but with a lass on vocals. I had Randy Crawford in my head as a vague recollection but seems it wasn't her... anyone know? It was good!
Not the Slits, surely?

I have that Hybrid Kids album, it is one of my favourite records. I got it about 1984

I also have Do You Think I'm Sexy- Hybrid Kids on 7" it was a great tune to dance to at the local 'alternative ' night at the pub.

Can anyone offer any strange (stranger) cover versions? This one seems to come from a parallel universe - especially once the Ice Skaters come on. If the Coen Brothers had come up with this it would be hailed as a work of genius.

Kevin

What is it a cover of, doesn't sound familiar.

The Shatner Claus album is full of them, but then it is Shat. Literally.

^ Jesus I feel ill.

It's not even the worst cover of that song. But that one is reserved for when civilisation has completely broken down, there is no hope for humanity and we are all doomed. Or, as I like to call it, next Wednesday.

There's this curious remix of a Metallica track. I believe it was endorsed and released as an official "B side" on an ep CD.

Kevin
Awesome. Terrible. That will take some beating.

advertisement

Back