advertisement

The Spencer family

Nero

Re: Tired
Am I the only one who doesn't really give a fart about Earl Spencer and his Sloane Ranger sister? Why has the Martin Bashir interview been dragged up again? Is it simply BBC bashing or what?
Privileged toff has a go at the media, because Diana, who was simply a breeding mare for the Windsor dynasty, decided to go on telly and feel self-important.
FFS. When do we get rid of these trough feeders?

Last edited:
I was never a fan of the fake-demure Di, and think rather less of her brother, (and that from a Royalist), but the argument/discussion is over claimed, and at least partially proven, misrepresentation/forgery/false accusations, albeit quite some while ago.

Never liked her. I always thought she was one diamond short of a tiara, but there do seem to have been some murky goings-on that warrant investigation.

I’m with Nero.
I don’t give a toss and certainly don’t want any more tax payers money being wasted on anything to do with the royals.
There was Grade on radio 4 yesterday pompously sounding off as if it was as important as Watergate.

I had the same "wtf?" reaction when the Mail splashed the story last week (although it had been bubbling around for a while).

However, the point is that what Bashir is alleged to have done was unbelievably unethical - and will doubtless be picked up by the BBC-bashers on either side of the political divide.

Ah, it was the Mail that started it. That makes sense, in the same way that the Express will waffle on about the McCanns in the same cycle.

Sounds like what Bashir did was slightly dodgy, but I dare say it was par for the course at that time, and the silly girl wasn't obliged to be interviewed.

The People's Princess my arse. She was groomed through the English public school system, as a deb she was lined up for sacrifice on the royal altar, did the business, and then we have to feel sorry for her?

Spencer and his like should just disappear, and spend his money on food banks instead.

I don’t know the Spencer family.

An I the only one who doesn't really give a fart about Earl Spencer and his Sloane Ranger sister?

What would make you want to start a thread about the Spencer family for then?

You obviously give enough to do it.

Another one of those, ‘Is it just me, or...(insert target)’ threads.

What could this story be distracting us from I wonder ? Anybody see any Govt fiascos going on ?

You could make the same point about almost any other news story; if you thought No10 controlled everything that happens in the world. Which it doesn't.

What's been alleged about the Martin Bashir actions is getting up there with the phone-hacking stuff and I don't think there should be one rule applied to the likes of the BBC and another for what's regarded as the "gutter press" - especially given the BBC are pretty much gutter press themselves these days.

The People's Princess my arse. She was groomed through the English public school system, as a deb she was lined up for sacrifice on the royal altar, did the business, and then we have to feel sorry for her?

Don't get sarcasm do you :rolleyes:

If Martin Bashir has been a naughty boy then so be it, it takes two to tango at the end of the day, so stand up & be counted Mr Ex- BBC controller it seems.

Does her garden memorial need sprucing up again ?

Maybe her brother needs some funding for it.

Frankly I couldn't care less, she is sadly dead & history.

I

Does her garden memorial need sprucing up again ?

Maybe her brother needs some funding for it.

He`ll be getting plenty from the Mail - and it won`t be going to any memorials either. She was just stupid but he`s a really nasty piece of work as well.

I had the same "wtf?" reaction when the Mail splashed the story last week (although it had been bubbling around for a while).

However, the point is that what Bashir is alleged to have done was unbelievably unethical - and will doubtless be picked up by the BBC-bashers on either side of the political divide.

And the Bashir-bashers.

Of course, much depends on who knew what, when. If Bashir came up with the idea of falsifying bank statements and making false allegation to 'trap' Diana into doing an interview, and kept the idea to himself, that's one thing, but if senior BBC bods knew about it, and either turned a blind eye, or encouraged Bashir, that's quite another. It's immaterial who the subject of the interview was, and irrelevant that it's the Mail making the allegations. It certainly needs investigating IMO.

advertisement

Back