advertisement

The Silencers; A blues for Buddha.........

Paul Dimaline

12" round member
.......picked it up for a quid in the local charity shop. Forgive me for being so ignorant, I have never even heard of the guy's, never mind listened to any of there music. Cracking album IMHO. How come Simple Minds became so big ahead of this band?

Paul.

The Silencers; A blues for Buddha......... .......picked it up for a quid in the local charity shop. Forgive me for being so ignorant, I have never even heard of the guy's, never mind listened to any of there music. Cracking album IMHO. How come Simple Minds became so big ahead of this band?

I've got a couple of their albums, Malcolm Steward was a fan and he reviewed several of their albums. I'll dig out the other's tonight and let you have details, I can't remember the titles now.

Nice to hear (non-american) accents too!

Andy.

After a bit of a struggle (theres another band of the same name) found a bit of info on 'tinternet. Will definatly look out for more of there work, although by the sounds of it not many people were to bothered first time round.
Luck ehh, seems to be the thing that enables you to make it in the music game.

The Silencers

Paul.

Paul,

I had a dig last night, I have: -

A letter from St. Paul - good album but with a bit of a 'thin' sound that grates after a while, great music though.

Blues for Buddha - I think you struck gold here, the best album by far, good songs, great playing and a fab recording to boot.

Dance to the Holy Man - quite a departure from the two above, a big lineup change, leaving only two original band members IIRC, and quite a change in style. I need to listen to this one a bit more, not sure about it yet. I don't remember listening much when I bought it either, so a re-visit could be timely.

Andy.

A Letter from St Paul : Excellent album & they were cracking live. Andrew is quite right in his summation of its sonic properties though, a real ear bleeder but does reflect the live sound they had.

Other 2 albums were more wishy washy I thought.

I had a laugh when I saw Jim McDermott (Bruv of Kev) on drums, looks like the Glasgow band mafia is still up & running with the same old faces.

Didn't know this album (Electric Silence) existed so off to buy one for me & one for me bro'

Cheers!

advertisement

Back