advertisement

The runners' thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just home from a sleepover and my Garmin managed to connect properly with the app after a software update - the Matrix must have had glitch going on yesterday.

Well done Richard, good luck John and fingers crossed for compo John. At this rate we'll be convening in the C25K thread in no time :)

c25k- mixed feelings about having to do that at this stage . But If it comes to it I think I’d build back on a cheap TM in the privacy of my spare room !

Away on holiday in Pembrokeshire for the week so a rest for me. I felt I needed one but swimming and biking have replaced my beloved running. Did 4 widths of the pool and it felt like a 10k! Totally exhausted!

Edit: I did sneak my running shoes in the suitcase just in case I could sneak a quick run!

Think my run a few days tweaked the calf again. Going to rest it again until I can’t feel it, then try again. It’s a bloody nuisance. More time on the elliptical machine for me then.

Not a lot of effort put in this week... but went to Parkrun this morning. Crawled out of bed and took it steady, still hot!

JohnH - good the legals are in place, bound to be a long process but hopefully worthwhile in the end. Keep in the gym and positive!

JTC - hope it goes great tomorrow, and you can overcome the hurdles...best of luck!!

I ran a 'race effort' solidarity 10K neighbourhood run this morning and the results are in: taking time off from running after a bump in the head is slower than running regularly and not having a bump in the head!

Good luck John :)

Congratulations John on the marathon - the elevation looks epic and I can't wait to read the write-up up and away! :)

Well done John!
That final few miles uphill looks like really hard work right at the end..

It was! Harder than Strathearn, came 170th from 375 finishers. Sub-4 never on the cards. I’m having two curries and a bottle of wine tonight, then the diet starts (plus at least a one week rest from running)....

Hi Guys, I'll be in Horsham on August 11th and 18th - I have a feeling the 18th I'm more likely to make it to the park run if anyone would like to meet there.

Good to hear. I will be in Taiwan on the 11th but should be back by the 18th. Will know better closer. Hope to make it.

First Parkrun for over a year, 22:12 and more importantly 70.4%. It seems I am getting older faster than I am getting slower! 2nd VM55.

My last 10K time would predict a 5K time just under 22mins, so there or there abouts.

Felt OK, legs a bit heavy from a run on the hills on Thursday. Nice to enjoy the atmosphere and say hello to everybody.

First Parkrun for over a year, 22:12 and more importantly 70.4%. It seems I am getting older faster than I am getting slower! 2nd VM55.

My last 10K time would predict a 5K time just under 22mins, so there or there abouts.

Felt OK, legs a bit heavy from a run on the hills on Thursday. Nice to enjoy the atmosphere and say hello to everybody.

Superb time for a park run - presumably a 5k on the road would have been even faster!

I still can't seem to get going in this heat... roll on January lol

For me a combination of holidays and festivals mean that I am not getting enough runs in ahead of Manchester’s half marathon on 14th October or thereabouts. I need to accept that I’m not likely to get near to a pb, so take the training easy and avoid getting injured through pushing too hard to get fast too quick.

While I am here, a lot of people talk about the importance of doing slow miles. I am naturally inwardly competitive and really struggle to run slowly (slow for me that is). Even when using Runkeeper if the App tells me my pace is slower than I know I am capable of then feel the need to speed up. This probably explains my injury record.

Any tips on how to run slowly (sounds like a stupid question I know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back