advertisement

The runners' thread... (part II)

Adjusted my training plan as I didn’t want to do the taper decided to extend it, buggering thing spat out another goal pace run. Two on the trot are unheard of. My IRW wouldn’t let me pass on it, so tired legs again, but quietly pleased. Going to up my miles a little on Sundays, want to be ready for the next round of cancelled half marathons. Would love a sub 2. Impressive effort robs.

Gutted for you JTC. You should have been on the mend by now. Take care.

Reactions: JTC
Glad to hear most of the runners here are still running . I’ve upped my mileage to near a 100 a month. I can’t get in the gym although I have a a couple of kettlebells and I mostly live on my own. As usual it’s the running that’s keeping me sane. That and naked wine

Another half this morning, after a two week break. A little slower and the legs definitely feeling it. The bluebells have gone, but it's still lovely out there.
A lot more runners than I usually meet (typically one to none!) today too.

Should have been doing the Manchester Half today. A little voice in my head is saying go run a half, another voice is saying don’t be a numpty, you haven’t run for more than an hour since lockdown. Think I’ll probably settle for about 10 miles. Great work Robs.

On the injured list again after really bad damage to my Periformis. Caused severe sciatica and confidence has dropped to near zero. But its great to see you guys trailblazing, look forward to day when I join you all on the road once more, it could be 6 weeks or more but I will bounce back.

Still doing it. Parts of My regular route is more hazardous due to lots of inexperienced cyclists on unfamiliar bikes. Plus lots of people out walking who would normally be found shuffling around Westfield on a Sunday afternoon

Went sensible and did just shy of ten miles. Lovely to do a longer run again. The canal path was a little busier than normal but not too bad. The roads were full though.

Hopefully recovered from the gardening accident @PigletsDad?

Didn't run for 10 days! Thanks, enough better that I have restarted a bit of slower, shorter distance running. Longest so far is just over 7 miles in 62 minutes, which felt like a slog - before the gap, I did the same loop in 57 and it felt great. :-(

To nobody's surprise, Offa's Dyke has been cancelled / postponed, to the Autumn or, more likely, next year.

It’s bloody warm. Dippus Stickus here managed to bugger up his Garmin and Strava, so for a while yesterday I thought I’d lost not only my training plan (although what’s the point of training for races that aren’t going to happen?) as well as all my Garmin data. Anyway, after signing in and finding it all gone, in an effort to sate my inner running w@nker I set up a new training plan, went and did the 5 minute baseline test which saw a new record of a km in 4:15, only to find that wasn’t syncing to Strava. Daylight dawned as I tried to connect the accounts again that maybe I had used the wrong email to log into Garmin, and yay!! All the data and training plan was back. Except a cheeky 10k this morning, in a half decent time hasn’t recorded on Strava. Because idiot here had Connect a different account to Strava. So as everyone knows, it didn’t happen!

Lordy, I think you can manually upload a file to Strava - i.e. download it from the new account and upload it to the old.

p.s. nice work on the 4:15!

Lordy, I think you can manually upload a file to Strava - i.e. download it from the new account and upload it to the old.

p.s. nice work on the 4:15!

Thanks Robs! To be honest I’m over it now. I’m sure we can all picture the scene on Saturday morning though
The training plan is the most important bit for me. It may be that I need to reboot it anyway, or at least adapt it, the Garmin coach I use seems to do lots of long runs early on, and then work on speed. It’s really worked, but I feel like whilst I’m doing a lot more distance, up to 35/40km a week, I’m not doing much in a long chunk. The longest seems to be about 10k.
In other news, in the almost exactly four years I’ve been playing at this, I’ve gone down from 110kg to just over 70kg. I’m still managing to drink beer as well, so it’s all win win!!

Thanks Robs! To be honest I’m over it now. I’m sure we can all picture the scene on Saturday morning though
The training plan is the most important bit for me. It may be that I need to reboot it anyway, or at least adapt it, the Garmin coach I use seems to do lots of long runs early on, and then work on speed. It’s really worked, but I feel like whilst I’m doing a lot more distance, up to 35/40km a week, I’m not doing much in a long chunk. The longest seems to be about 10k.
In other news, in the almost exactly four years I’ve been playing at this, I’ve gone down from 110kg to just over 70kg. I’m still managing to drink beer as well, so it’s all win win!!

That is bloody fantastic. Great stuff. And beer too. I love beer

I’m 11 years in and actUally heavier than I was when I was last very out of shape. I am fond of the gym as well as running. I’ve been making do with a couple of kettlebells since you know what.

That is bloody fantastic. Great stuff. And beer too. I love beer

I’m 11 years in and actUally heavier than I was when I was last very out of shape. I am fond of the gym as well as running. I’ve been making do with a couple of kettlebells since you know what.

Thanks John, much appreciated. I was shocked that this year it’s only two years since I did my first 10k. Glad you’re back on it and the foot seems ok. I wish I had time to do some gym work as well.

advertisement

Back