advertisement

The Rise of the Far Right

CWS
330372632_199162486131835_6326475883674345539_n.jpg

Great to see Gary Lineker doubling-down on his position on Twitter, e.g. here (a very good linked thread), and taking the piss out of Penny Mordant’s woefully poor HoC bullshit here. Good on him. I’ve zero interest in the sportball, but it is great when the likes of him and Marcus Rashford use their position to speak truth to power and actually do good. Without any credible political opposition they and various crowd-funded pressure groups such as Good Law Project, Led By Donkeys, Stop Funding Hate etc are the best hope we have.

Pretty good SNP leadership debate on C4 News tonight, refreshingly different from the vacuous populism of rich Rishi and the zombie at the head of Labour. No stop the boats, go after minorities, no Brexit bullshit but a wider outlook with poverty, fairness and economic growth put forward by all three candidates.

Skwawkbox on Yvette Cooper’s disgraceful positioning on the Tory ‘small boat’ panic. The picture is a thing of Francis Bacon nightmares.

Miriam Cates appears to be a full-on US Republican-style anti-trans culture warrior. Her PMQs question recently was pure Fox “News”-grade moral panic. Very on-brand for the current Tory party. File under: exceptionally dangerous.

Great to see Gary Lineker doubling-down on his position on Twitter, e.g. here (a very good linked thread), and taking the piss out of Penny Mordant’s woefully poor HoC bullshit here. Good on him. I’ve zero interest in the sportball, but it is great when the likes of him and Marcus Rashford use their position to speak truth to power and actually do good. Without any credible political opposition they and various crowd-funded pressure groups such as Good Law Project, Led By Donkeys, Stop Funding Hate etc are the best hope we have.

Fq1-J_DWcAcNV-c

I don't recall the Daily Fail complaining about Lineker's political bias when he tweeted "Bin Corbyn"...

advertisement

Back