Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Queen....a Hypocrite in the extreme?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Mynamemynaim, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

After her recent captured comments on climate change....is the Queen just the biggest hypocrite going?

Flying and driving on numerous unneeded trips
    Heating huge palaces and homes when nobody's in them...

The list is really endless

2. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Not as big a hypocrite as Prince ‘I run my Aston Martin on cheese’ Charles

Mynamemynaim likes this.
  3. calorgas

calorgas Ratty bumpkin

Yeah I think they're both being hypocritical. I don't have a problem with them taking a view on environmental issues as it's obviously hugely important that real change is made and the more people on board the better, but if they expect a positive reaction to their comments then they have to be seen to be making a pretty big effort themselves.

Mynamemynaim likes this.
  4. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

Yes ...there's so much the royal family could do to set a positive example...but they fail to do that on so many occasions

5. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

Give her a break, she is 95.

eevo1969, Dozey and hifinutt like this.
  6. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

I don't buy the thought that a Palace that she is not resident in at any time is empty but heated. All these palaces are places of work and living for many many people.

She is head of state - I guess she will travel a bit more than you or I. Can we all claim not to travel 'unnecessarily' - you do not see Queen E jetting off to Majorca with her family in tow for a booze filled sun holiday - which many 'ordinary' families do - and is strictly 'unnecessary'. Perhaps we should start by banning the family holiday - and all those 'city' breaks and stag parties in Eastern Europe.

Only a few more steps from that and we should all return to a pre-industrial land based economy!

MikeMA likes this.
  7. eternumviti

eternumviti Wittering on the Vine

I've read that HM is extremely careful as regards heating. She won't allow it to be turned on until the condensation on the inside of Buck House's windows is frozen solid. And even then it's only one bar of the electric fire.

Rockmeister and Tony Lockhart like this.
  8. Martian Sunrise

Martian Sunrise pfm Member

that might happen anyway

9. Bananahead

Bananahead pfm Member

So she is senile as well..

10. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

What comments is this thread based on? Threads like this need to have sources.

PS I know Chris Packham and many others were campaigning for rewilding much “royal” land. I obviously support that (whilst disputing the very concept of “royal” land).

myles and Tony Lockhart like this.
  11. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58923924

'The Queen has appeared to suggest she is irritated by people who "talk" but "don't do", ahead of next month's climate change summit.

Her reported remarks were overheard during the opening of the Welsh parliament on Thursday.

The monarch, who is due to attend the UN's COP26 climate conference in Glasgow, said she did not know who was coming to the event.

Prince Charles and Prince William have also spoken of their climate concerns.

Global leaders are meeting in Glasgow between 31 October and 12 November to negotiate a new deal to stall rising global temperatures.'

Mynamemynaim likes this.
  12. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Sounds like a fair comment to me, plus any friction between “royalty” and this lying sack of thieving shit Conservative government has to be welcomed.

darrenyeats and myles like this.
  13. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

Suspect most of us are hypocrites when it comes to 'Green', and could 'do better'. The Queen at least is on message and, among others things, is looking to green up Balmoral but it's all in limbo because of the red squirrels. Applaud her comments re: our feckless politicians.

paulfromcamden likes this.
  14. eternumviti

eternumviti Wittering on the Vine

By all accounts a lot less so than most of us.

Rockmeister likes this.
  15. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Well, hypocrisy is the weakest call out ever as we are all guilty of it. It's like criticising someone for being human.

16. tones

tones Tones deaf

From memory, the extreme example was Nicholae Ceaușescu of Romania, who had 20-something palaces, and all were permanently heated to over 20°C, no matter whether he was there or not.

17. timH

timH pfm Member

They’ve all been upstaged by the ginger one so are now desperate for media coverage and environment is an easier win than for example diversity or women’s rights

lagavullin10y and Mynamemynaim like this.
  18. myles

myles Intentionally left blank

It was a pretty bad call by the OP; I think he thought the multitude would be just as scathing.

As regards @Tony L comment re rewilding and Chris Packham, it's a fantastic idea and should be implemented as soon as possible. I don't think the Queen or Charles would be against the idea - but there have been enough assumptions on this thread!

MikeMA and Woodface like this.
  19. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

20. Cav

Cav pfm Member

I think we covered this some time ago in relation to The Duchy of Cornwall.

The process is not "secret", nor "arcane", and is not instituted by the Monarch or her representatives.

Google Queen's or Prince's Consent for more info.

Dozey likes this.