advertisement

The Prettiest Star

richardg

Admonishtrator
I am listening to a version I have never heard before....Spotify calls it The Prettiest Star 1997 Remastered, off The Platinum Collection.

Does anyone know more about this? It is not just a remaster, it is a very different mix, a different version probably. An earlier version perhaps. Certainly there are instruments pushed to the front that I had not noticed before. For example there sounds like there is quite a large sting section that is not audible on the album version. Also a glock is used and I think a church organ. Sounds like an expensive version was shelved for a more glam rock version.

I prefer it.

Just when I thought I had heard everything I discover something that is probably well-known. Certainly it is not a cheap home recording or half-finished outtake.

#bowiegeekthread

Ah, so apparently the version off The Best Of David Bowie 69-74, which I'm pretty sure 'im indoors has got.
Will have to check it out when I get home.

I knew a guy years ago that bought a copy of the single for £50 (this was about 1977). The postman folded the package to get it through his letter box, breaking the record in half.

I knew a guy years ago that bought a copy of the single for £50 (this was about 1977). The postman folded the package to get it through his letter box, breaking the record in half.
wtf? and lol...I mean 50 quid in 1977? I collected a fair few Bowie rarities in the 80s. It was all going for under 25 quid.

wtf? and lol...I mean 50 quid in 1977? I collected a fair few Bowie rarities in the 80s. It was all going for under 25 quid.
The Prettiest Star is one of the rarest Bowie singles, the price paid was going rate for the time.

advertisement

Back