Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Sep 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaiden

Zaiden pfm Member

The Tories successfully conned everyone into not voting magic grandpa with the magic money tree, under the pretenses that he was crazy because such a magic money tree did not exist.

Well, turns out we actually did have more than enough money to make these allegedly unrealistic ideas into reality, seeing how the Tories conjured 2-3 magic money trees, all funneled into the pocket of cronies and bankers, at the expense of the plebian taxpayers, while crashing the £/UK economy too!

2. alanbeeb

alanbeeb pfm Member

And they've f***ed our pensions.

You'd think middle England voters might care about that, it will hit a huge swathe of Tory voters. And everyone else too.

3. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

They’re feeding on their own,

[​IMG]

…wonder what the racist wife beater has to say about them

4. Gerard124

Gerard124 Not my King

I never ever ever bet, but I just tried to place £100 (20-1) at William Hill for Kwarteng to be next minister to go but it would only allow a maximum stake of £5.00?

5. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

From Ed Conway:

"@bankofengland
    intervention: Am told the BoE were responding to a “run dynamic” on pension funds - a wholesale equivalent of the run which destroyed Northern Rock. Had they not intervened, there would have been mass insolvencies of pension funds by THIS AFTERNOON."

6. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

At least you can get £5 on.

WH restricted my a/c and then closed it after I placed four successful Lucky 15's in a row.

7. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Gotta say.. none of these arrogant, entitled, clueless goons are a great advertisement for an Eton education.

sean99 and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  8. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

I could probably get behind Sir K but I’d also be voting for the same party as Marxists holding their nose but pressuring for a lurch in their direction. I suppose worst case they could always be voted out at the next GE. The UK demonstrated at recent GE’s that it firmly rejects an extreme left govt.

9. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr neither here nor there

As you and others are frequently reminded, that statement is wrong on both counts.

Dave***t likes this.
  10. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

I’m hoping it’ll be at least a decade before they trust the Tories to run anything more complicated than a whelk stall.

11. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Yebbut from Ponty's place on the political spectrum Corbyn is far-left...

12. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

13. Joe Hutch

It’s ‘true conservatism’ in all its horror.

14. p147

p147 Sunny Sussex.

Is there going to be a run on the banks next?

15. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Good old DB pensions. Magic if you’ve got one, just shows how fragile they are.

16. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

The lady is not for turning*:

"Exc: Whitehall to be told to find efficiency savings as well as refusing to reopen spending review. Chris Philp to write to Secretaries of State within hours "What efficiency savings are there given levels of inflation??! Amazing bulls***" said a Whitehall source" https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1575157707421601799

I reckon we will end up similar to Sri Lanka and Lebanon. Economic collapse within weeks.

* She only did that (all the time...) to get to the top

17. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

I suspect the risk of contagion to global markets is too high and the grown ups will step in before that happens.

18. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Fixed that for you.

Alex S, palindrome and paulfromcamden like this.
  19. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

How long before she's spotted doing her Maggie cosplay in a Ukrainian tank?

20. Joe Hutch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.