advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

Consumed by its own arrogance, avarice and self-entitlement, the Tories are spinning in a whirlpool of their own excrement. And some of that shit is spinning out and landing where they want it to, courtesy of the Tory media.

Just when you thought the chaos couldn’t get any deeper, look what’s bobbed to the surface, grabbing the spotlight-

daAfTCT.jpg

This ERG harakiri is fascinating to watch unfold. It will shortly be included in the A level politics sylabus. I personally will let it continue a few more days before I ask all my friends of the Tory persuation exactly what has to happen before they would vote Labour. More popcorn please!

Does the bond market understand this balancing point? Perhaps it does somehow. I'm not being facetious.

Like many here perhaps, I'm not sure who elected the City and the international financial markets. And I'm also pretty sure that doing away with them isn't going to happen any time soon.

"The City" and international financial markets aren't the same. We do have some ability to control/reglate "The City". But not the international money markets. The latter simply adjust to the levels of confidence people have in various forms of 'money' as a means of exchange and interest. The former is a set of companies that operate under rules set by UK Gov.

Tories chose to make the regulation of "The City" weak because they gained from it. Then claimed we all would. This fooled many (inc Gordon Brown) but was based on deception and 'the quickness of the hand fools the eye". But we can choose to regulate and scrutinise the "The City" as we decide, accepting it will have knock-on effects. International markets are beyond our control.

Is the idea to sedate her and get her resignation signed in time for R4 TWAO? Huw Edwards will take the somber dark tie telly slot.

This is official confirmation that I will be remaining in this thread beyond 31st October.

Tony L and other mods have been meeting with me for an hour but nothing should be read into this. I am keen to get back to solving the real issues the thread cares about with my great posts.

I agree with the sentiment, but the USA had a revolution and now the people are governed by the highest bidding corporation. Which goes to show that revolutions are always a work in progress.
It usually takes multiple iterations, as the feudal order does not give up easily. There were several failed attempts in France before 1789. Despite all that revolutionary fervour and energy and destruction in the years after 1789, France was back with an emperor by 1802 and a foreign-imposed hereditary monarchy by 1815. Second try in 1830: popular uprising in Paris, channelled into an ostensibly constitutional monarchy (Louis-Philippe). Third try in 1848: this time they made the mistake of electing a Bonaparte, who soon appointed himself emperor. Fourth try in 1870, with a little help from the Prussians, who took Napoleon III prisoner. La Commune in 1871 could be classified as a 5th attempt (failed), 1944-1945 as a 6th episode.

Civilized countries try to manage these change processes without the need for revolution, but sometimes there is no alternative.

Oh purlease can we have deputy PM (McFlurry) anointed only to be arrested for supplying prescription meds illegally within a week. Sorry, that's assuming the Met want to do the job the people pay for, to be protected from crooks.

advertisement

Back